** Official Horizon: Forbidden West Complete Edition Thread **

@mrk The ghosting you mentioned isn't motion blur is it? I haven't ventured much past the start area on the PC at the moment, but I did notice that motion blur is quite noticeable if I pan the camera around.

@mrk The ghosting you mentioned isn't motion blur is it? I haven't ventured much past the start area on the PC at the moment, but I did notice that motion blur is quite noticeable if I pan the camera around.

Would be funny if he has motion blur on. You know, to be playing the game at maximum settings like some noobs do :p

Doubt it though :D

It's less obvious when "spazzing" about, it's more obvious when moving slowly, that's what that's supposed to highlight. You guys cannot honestly see the ghosting? you're quick to pick up on car wing mirrors ghosting a small bit when driving really fast but don't see the massive trails under Aloy and all bits of clothing just moving normally?? Lol.

The discrepancy at which people choose to point out such issues is honestly amusing, either point them out for all games or don't mention them at all, or is it because this time round there is no nvidia RTX feature causing it and that's why it's not worth talking about...
:p

Reminds me days gone, game didn't have dlss but people couldn't see the awful ghosting/trailing of TAA, if that had been DLSS, it would have instantly been brought up as a dlss fail :cry:

Observed some technical lols tonight, the smoke is also 2D just like the fire, could swear in Zero Dawn both fire and smoke are 3D...

And look at this ghosting, clearly ghosting isn't a ray tracing "issue" since ghosting is the first thing people seem to latch onto whenever a ray traced game is released yet here we are fully rastered and nobody has mentioned it. This is more distracting than a car's wing mirrors ghosting or a distant NPC in Cyberpunk lol.

dLnK9yU.gif

Also Plainsong's GPU utilisation is still weirdly low, 70% just outside the entrance?! the CPU use is about 15% higher than areas where the GPU is at 99%, but that should not matter in this area of Plainsong as there's literally nothing going on.

Si44ovI.png

I also can't see ghosting here either though :p

Have you switched dlss to preset e? It is the best to use now, well preset c has ever so slightly less ghosting at the cost of some temporal stability loss but doubt you would notice this.

No, I don't use motion blur in any game lol. This ghosting is engine-level. It exists on all rendering modes at all resolutions regardless of upscaling etc I tested it extensively the other day but needed an air fry so forgot to post about it until last night.

Look at what you might initially think is Aloy's shadow below her as the camera moves and then as she moves. That is not shadow in its entirety, only a portion is, the rest is ghost trailing which is the same sort of ghosting everyone seemed to moan about with Cyberpunk's ray tracing (again regardless of DLSS/Frame Gen!), but this also includes the screen space obfuscation artefacting too, the same sort you've obviously seen in water reflections when Aloy is standing in front of water and you see the "blocks" of screen space try to render through and around her :D

Here's a cleaner video to better show what I mean:

I'm using preset E in every game now with DLSS, along with the 3.7 dll :p But like I said, this is not a DLSS or any upscaler thing, since it exists with native rendering too.

Wouldn't admit it even if it were true.

You must be thinking of something else then, there are plenty of times I've missed something and later came back to a thread to make note to @TNA of the fact. You should stop assuming things of people.

Last edited:
No, I don't use motion blur in any game lol. This ghosting is engine-level. It exists on all rendering modes at all resolutions regardless of upscaling etc I tested it extensively the other day but needed an air fry so forgot to post about it until last night.

Look at what you might initially think is Aloy's shadow below her as the camera moves and then as she moves. That is not shadow in its entirety, only a portion is, the rest is ghost trailing which is the same sort of ghosting everyone seemed to moan about with Cyberpunk's ray tracing (again regardless of DLSS/Frame Gen!), but this also includes the screen space obfuscation artefacting too, the same sort you've obviously seen in water reflections when Aloy is standing in front of water and you see the "blocks" of screen space try to render through and around her :D

Here's a cleaner video to better show what I mean:

So another "RASTER BAD" effect then! :D

• Haha
Reactions: mrk
Reminds me days gone, game didn't have dlss but people couldn't see the awful ghosting/trailing of TAA, if that had been DLSS, it would have instantly been brought up as a dlss fail :cry:

Have you switched dlss to preset e? It is the best to use now, well preset c has ever so slightly less ghosting at the cost of some temporal stability loss but doubt you would notice this.

You guys spend too long looking for issues rather than playing the game :D

Now if it was Starfield I would understand as you did not enjoy it, but HFW is just fun.

I was in a lot of water areas yesterday. Looked at the SSR and it did not bother me even the slightest :p

You must be thinking of something else then, there are plenty of times I've missed something and later came back to a thread to make note to @TNA of the fact. You should stop assuming things of people.

Yep. This is true. Respect!

You guys spend too long looking for issues rather than playing the game :D

Now if it was Starfield I would understand as you did not enjoy it, but HFW is just fun.

I was in a lot of water areas yesterday. Looked at the SSR and it did not bother me even the slightest :p
Hey I've actually done more of the main quest than you and done more tall necks!

• Haha
Reactions: TNA
Hey I've actually done more of the main quest than you and done more tall necks!

But overall done a lot less :p

How many more main quests did you do last night? Any more unlocks?

I am going to go visit places to use my vine cutter when I play next :D

o7lgVF2.png

Most of the time was spent faffing around in Cauldron Iota though. I'l see how much I can do in an hour or two this evening after work I reckon. I have another new controller coming (GuliKit KK3 Max) so want to give that a try too so perfect timing, those maglev haptic motors sounded too appealing not to give them a go.

o7lgVF2.png

Most of the time was spent faffing around in Cauldron Iota though. I'l see how much I can do in an hour or two this evening after work I reckon. I have another new controller coming (GuliKit KK3 Max) so want to give that a try too so perfect timing, those maglev haptic motors sounded too appealing not to give them a go.

Joker. You done same amount of main quest as me. I done 12 also. I posted a screenshot last night. Maybe you missed it? Difference is I done a lot more side quests and errands etc.

@mrk I assume you're the sort of person who has a vanity plate on their car. Am I right or wrong? just for science.
My plate is my name, I've had it all my life, plus, on higher performance cars owned by petrolheads it's not uncommon to see a relevant plate anyway really, it just comes with the hobby. Also I don't see what a number plate has to do with this game?

Edit*
Joker. You done same amount of main quest as me. I done 12 also. I posted a screenshot last night. Maybe you missed it? Difference is I done a lot more side quests and errands etc.
Oh might have done. I went up 8 levels in one session a couple of nights ago even so I know it's possible to progress in a single night quite extensively if I put my mind to it lol

Last edited:
My plate is my name, I've had it all my life, plus, on higher performance cars owned by petrolheads it's not uncommon to see a relevant plate anyway really, it just comes with the hobby. Also I don't see what a number plate has to do with this game?

I don't have a custom number plate for my car. But do have a nice phone number I got from ebay around 20 years ago. Got to be worth a 4 figure sum easily these days :D

Oh and Noxia doesn't come to this thread for the game. Would you care to make an assumption as to why he does? :p

I don't have a custom number plate for my car. But do have a nice phone number I got from ebay around 20 years ago. Got to be worth a 4 figure sum easily these days :D

Oh and Noxia doesn't come to this thread for the game. Would you care to make an assumption as to why he does? :p

No need to assume, I just like being close 2 u guys xxx

Just had to check with someone that I was actually at work and not having one of my vivid work dreams. Maybe I should go try and pet one of the guard dogs, that should do it.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Feel free to spoiler tag it btw (need to do a thread related posted) but is there a similar puzzle like the one for that super stealth armour where you had to get the things from various cauldrons? To unlock it, think it was batteries or something.

Re ghosting, is that why it looks like she has 2/3 heads when spinning camera.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom