*** Official Kodi (née XBMC) Thread ***

maj

maj

Soldato
Has anyone managed to get the actor's photos working in the 'More Information' menu? It appears below the section where it gives you a description of what the film or tv episode is about. I thought it was just the Extended Info Script that was needed but I have that installed.

Associate
People with Chinese Android Boxes, do any of you use air mouse ? If yes which one and also can it turn the box on ? From what I have read not many air mouse can actually turn them on but just can be used to power them off

Caporegime
saw an article flash up on my phone that amazon will be soon updating ther sticks and boxes to remove 3rd party apps.

bit of a shame it will now become a prime only box. I have prime on my tv built in 4k, etc.

should I sell before the inevitable price drop from masses selling them and nobody wanting them?

Associate
I think this is still only a rumour .

Speculation currently is that they will be moving the option to install 3rd party apps to the developer section which you need to enable through the options and will not be enabled by default. Surely Amazon know it's used for more than just streaming movies.

Caporegime
new posters aren't going to trawl through the thread to read that they will just do a post and run. hand out suspensions but closing a thread is going a bit far to those who use kodi as a home media server.

also what is the legality on backing up blu rays you bought? i know the law has changed several times, it's been both legal and illegal in the past decade.

Associate
Box for kodi playback?

As the title says really, what's the best method of using kodi to playback files from a nas box?

I had the fire tv 4K but sold it by mistake (advertised this instead of the old box)
This seemed to work ok but as sold in place of the old box, I've tried to use this but not having the best performance or audio joy

maj

maj

Soldato
HTPC? Raspberry pi, android tv box, fire tv/stick, app on android TV, nvidia shield. Kodi is also compatible with Windows if you have a laptop or something you can connect to your TV. Then just use SMB to connect to NAS.

Caporegime
I bought a media PC which looks like a blu ray player second hand off AVforums.

It's not got a huge amount of power but can handle anything I'm going to use it for.

A cheap small PC should work. Doesn't google have a chromebox net top type thing, basically a pc with no screen. Kodi is an android app so should work on that I imagine.

Soldato
Hey folks, any tips for increasing wifi speed of my Beelink Mini MX III? I am connecting via WiFi as the box is on the other side of the living room from the router so Ethernet isn't an option. I'm on BT Infinity and get approx 40 Mbps d/l speeds if I use a speed tester, that's via Ethernet into my main desktop machine. Other wifi devices will get about 25-30 Mbps but the Beelink Android box shows a speed test result of about 5-7 Mbps. Router is an HH5. Any tips to try to ramp that figure up a bit?

Back
Top Bottom