*** Official Kodi (née XBMC) Thread ***

Permabanned
Anyone using the SPMC fork of Kodi on android? Specifically Amazon Fire TV2.

I'm using 16.5 as it has automatic refresh rate switching which is working fine for 24p but 25p stuff is causing judder on the TV. The TV is correctly switching to 50hz when those files start. Turn off the automatic switching so it goes back to 60hz and there's no noticeable judder.

I read a post suggesting to put the following in advancedsettings.xml to force the TV to switch to 25hz instead of 50 but it doesn't appear to work.
Code:
<advancedsettings>
[...]
  <video>
[...]
  <adjustrefreshrate>
    <override>
      <fpsmin>24.96</fpsmin>        <!-- You can also specify the fps range yourself -->
      <fpsmax>25.01</fpsmax>
      <refreshmin>24.96</refreshmin> <!-- Same for the refreshrate -->
      <refreshmax>25.01</refreshmax>
    </override>
  </adjustrefreshrate>
[...]
  </video>
[...]
</advancedsettings>
I had no judder problems with 25p content on the same TV when i was using kodi on windows. Any suggestions?

Edit - i've changed the refreshmin and max to 59.96 and 60.01 in the xml so the TV just stays at 60hz for 25p files but switches properly for 24p ones.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Guys I am after a nice lightweight skin for my HTPC. I had a great one (which I cannot remember the name of it) on XBMC but its not KODI compatible, and I've recently upgraded.

Want something nice and simple and lightweight. Not too graphically intense. Would rather resources go elsewhere :)

TIA!
Jake

Associate
There's loads of good skins out there but one thing is you waste more time altering them to something you like the most. I have a Minix Neo U1 and a pi3 and for my own content i use rasplex everytime

Soldato
Apparently I am VERY late to the Kodi party... I hear so many people talking about it now, and I've heard you can install it on some TV's? What is it and why should I get it??

Kol

Kol

Man of Honour
Apparently I am VERY late to the Kodi party... I hear so many people talking about it now, and I've heard you can install it on some TV's? What is it and why should I get it??

Kodi is a media centre which enables you to play back your owned media on your TV. It downloads metadata and sorts your media into a user-friendly format. There are some great and informative posts/guides throughout the thread which a number of members have been kind to put together.

It allows you to stream film/tv etc , I don't have it

Yes and unless we are talking about your own media, we'll not be talking any more about how to stream film/tv in this thread nor any builds which facilitate this. :)

Soldato
Installed the new Aeon MQ7 skin this morning and i think i'm in love.

How are you getting on with the skin? Any major problems? Not changed anything in mine for ages so might update the skin.

Also, what's the best scraper for music videos? I have a folder for all my concert videos and one for single music videos but the single ones are hit and miss for being picked up.

Associate
Sorry if a question already asked but....recently setup my old Pi1 as a kodi box on the TV in the bedroom. All my media's accessible via plex quite simply, but was wonder is there a way to add in the usual UK catch up/on demand services, netflix and Amazon prime? My main TV has them all as Apps so they "just work" and would like to extend that to the Kodi box if possible.

I saw mentions of PlayOn.tv which would be fine as my PC is on anyway but I'm cheap and don't want to pay them monthly to access my own paid accounts.

Caporegime
After my HTPC recently developed a fan issue I looked at my options. I could either replace the fan, replace the HTPC...or the third option. Use my FireStick that was gathering dust. I had my doubts...but I'm genuinely surprised at how brilliantly it runs Kodi! :eek:

2 birds, 1 stone! And now I have a more silent system than before...now if I could get the FireStick working with my Harmony remote. Then it would be complete! :)

Caporegime
As the title says really, what's the best method of using kodi to playback files from a nas box?

I had no issues with films or tv using a raspberry pi but as someone said above it can't do hardware decoding of H265, this wasn't an issue for me, it fell over with my large music library though. I switched to a cheapo sff computer that I stuck a small, cheap ssd in and run openelec.

Last edited:

maj

maj

Soldato
I have an Nvidia shield TV. I dont use it for anything but kodi with USB HDD. Is it still the best box or would it be worth me swapping it for an Amazon Fire TV 4K?

Personally I'd say a shield TV is overkill for just Kodi. Shield probably has more features if you compared the two but if you're not using them then seems a bit pointless IMO. Even those Android TV boxes you can get from certain websites would do what you want for even cheaper.

Back
Top Bottom