***Official Left 4 Dead 2 Thread***

New L4D2 Update Released:

Left 4 Dead 2

-Fixed performance problem when rendering lots of decals, notably when fighting tanks with shotguns
-Fixed rcon response not working on Linux dedicated servers
-Fixed matchmaking problem matching into Advanced and Expert games
-Fix bug that would cause other specials to try to pummel a player a Charger disconnects or reconnects
-Fixed versus mode results panel being cut off in transition stats screen in non-english
-Found games: fixed non-player entries drawing the wrong type of icon in the selected item name label
-Game mode selector on main menu now takes keyboard input

Please Note: OcUK servers are being updated as we speak. OcUK 3+4 should be up very soon.

Associate
Somebody in game asked for my launch string, don't know who it was so posting it here rather than scouring my recently played with list:

-console -refresh 120 -novid -nojoy -noforcemaccel -noforcemparms -high -threads 4

opens console on launch - monitor refresh rate - skips intro videos - disables joystick - disables mouse acceleration - prevents some mouse binding problems - high cpu priority over other programs - makes use of all your cpu cores

This launch string and explanation was posted some time ago (on another forum) for l4d1 and works just fine for 2

Soldato
Just played my first few games! First game got kicked for hitting players about 50 times :D Next few games I played on easy and was all good because we all sucked. Funny game

Associate
Somebody in game asked for my launch string, don't know who it was so posting it here rather than scouring my recently played with list:

opens console on launch - monitor refresh rate - skips intro videos - disables joystick - disables mouse acceleration - prevents some mouse binding problems - high cpu priority over other programs - makes use of all your cpu cores

This launch string and explanation was posted some time ago (on another forum) for l4d1 and works just fine for 2
does setting threads actually do anything to performance?

Associate
does setting threads actually do anything to performance?

As a general rule, the game should automatically find the best config for your rig, having this info just forces certain information to the game client.

Some people find it improves performance, others don't see any difference.. all depends on if the game client is talking to your machine correctly each time you load up.

Associate
Realism expert is superb, you really need a strong team though, and a good few hours to spare. The Deagle is also by far the best weapon, as it's the only gun that will still one shot zombies.

Anyone else having problems getting into a lobby and searching for servers tonight?
That'll be because of the update, servers need to catch up.

Associate
lol just beat dead centre on expert with randoms, and as we nwere watching the escape the guy who was hosting ragequit cos we didnt stop to rez him when we were getting attack by a crapload of zombies and a tank at the end, so no achievements :/

Soldato
How does it vary from the standard game?
No halos around items and players (this is the biggest pain in the backside), common infected require headshots for instant kills (or multiple body shots), witches kill in one shot, no survivor closets and... erm, I think that's it.

edit: having said that, the witch kills you instantly on Expert anyway - if she gets to you!

Last edited:
Soldato
No halos around items and players (this is the biggest pain in the backside), common infected require headshots for instant kills (or multiple body shots), witches kill in one shot, no survivor closets and... erm, I think that's it.

edit: having said that, the witch kills you instantly on Expert anyway - if she gets to you!

All we need down is a Dawn of the Dead mall clearing mod in survival mode :)

Caporegime
lol just beat dead centre on expert with randoms, and as we nwere watching the escape the guy who was hosting ragequit cos we didnt stop to rez him when we were getting attack by a crapload of zombies and a tank at the end, so no achievements :/

lol you where playing local?:confused:

Back
Top Bottom