***Official Left 4 Dead 2 Thread***

guys how do you play on the ocuk servers ? ive no idea how to pick servers :s

simplest way is to create an autoexec.cfg file in your Left4dead2/cfg directory and add this line into it:

mm_dedicated_force_servers 94.23.222.136:29021,94.23.222.136:29025,217.163.30.155:27015,217.163.10.204:27015,94.23.222.136:29029,94.23.222.136:29033

Sometimes these forums have a tendency to add extra spaces so remove those for it to work, with the exception of the one between the command and 1st IP Address.

Another method is to go into console before creating a lobby and type the above in or sv_search_key ocuk

Soldato
Tried Scavenge, must say i wont be playing much of this mode. Found it highly boring

I found it quite fun :D. Although i only played for a few mins. Seems to be similar to Vs, you can use tactics to make the other team drop the cans etc. But its a bit too easy, if they're in pairs, one with a can and one protecting, you just pounce them both and its game over. Unless you go in a group of 4. Might be fun with people you know as you can discuss tactics, instead of just darting about aimlessly.

I think I'll probably play this mode to get the special infected achievements as i really don't get on with vs. This mode seems more tailored to beginners like me.

Soldato
Saturday Night versus games!

Maybe we can get a versus game or two tonight lads? I'd like to start around 7:30PM tonight so everyone has a chance to eat etc beforehand. Hoping to get some of the regulars in (Link, Defrag, Bez, Sharpy, Catface, Midnight, Lyon, Kearney etc, sorry I don't remember everyone off the top of my head)

Gimme a shout if you're interested :)

AKA Hippos teh Hungry

Associate

Maybe we can get a versus game or two tonight lads? I'd like to start around 7:30PM tonight so everyone has a chance to eat etc beforehand. Hoping to get some of the regulars in (Link, Defrag, Bez, Sharpy, Catface, Midnight, Lyon, Kearney etc, sorry I don't remember everyone off the top of my head)

AKA Hippos teh Hungry

Hey im up for that. Add me on steam:

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197972517485

Soldato
I got the game delivered to me today from Amazon (ordered it yesterday £24.99 :p) only played 2 campaigns so far, Dead Center and The Parish.

So far I'd say the game is a lot of fun, but for some reason (maybe because I haven't seen the other campaigns yet) the game feels a little boxy and confined even though it is in actual fact very spacious. I also felt like the atmosphere of the game was very dull compared to L4D1, despite interesting things like the fire in the hotel etc. Maybe it's just the way the characters react, and interact with each other? I don't know. The guns are also a bit dull. Sure there is some nice weapons but after you've tried them once that's it. I don't feel like coming back to them. But this could merely be all the animations and FOV and in the future there might be a simple fix (options for FOV etc).

I really need to play more of it, but it doesn't jump out and grab me as much as L4D1 did. In fact, I still feel inclined to go back to L4D1 because of the look and feel of the game. I'm disappointed a little but it's still too early for me to definitely know. The whole game feels to me though that it would probably look and feel better on a console than the pc - which is something I thought about the demo (perhaps valve spent far more time trying to make it look and feel right on a console?). I do hope I am so wrong about all this and my opinion gets changed very, very quickly.

Soldato

AKA Hippos teh Hungry

Me and tranquill rage finish work at 9.30 so will both be up for a game about 10 ish

Associate

AKA Hippos teh Hungry

Sorry, I can't :( I'm going out tonight!

AKA Hippos teh Hungry

Shout given ;)

AGD

AGD

Soldato
I LOST MY GNOME ACHIEVEMENT!!!!!! :mad:

And all my other ones but I only cared about the gnome one. Valve better fix this. :(

Associate
required update for Left 4 Dead 2 is now available. Please run hldsupdatetool to receive the update. The specific changes include:

- Fixed performance problem when rendering lots of decals, notably when fighting tanks with shotguns
- Fixed rcon response not working on Linux dedicated servers
- Fixed matchmaking problem matching into Advanced and Expert games
- Fix bug that would cause other specials to try to pummel a player a Charger disconnects or reconnects
- Fixed versus mode results panel being cut off in transition stats screen in non-english
- Found games: fixed non-player entries drawing the wrong type of icon in the selected item name label
- Game mode selector on main menu now takes keyboard input

Back
Top Bottom