***Official Left 4 Dead 2 Thread***

Soldato
Survivor in l4d2 in versus is far tougher than l4d1 , they added the defib for that reason.

Thats a reason for adding 'Extra Life'? It has no place in Versus, end of story. If you let a teammate die you don't deserve to be able to just walk over to his corpse and bring him back from the dead, you deserve to struggle through the rest and fail. Either the infected deserve the victory or you deserve the loss.

Soldato
having never used vent before..

if there's say 4 of you playing L4D2, do you make your own 'room' on that server and use that?

I take it there's a global hotkey for chat?

Theres usually a load of rooms on a Vent server anyway so you'd just find 1. And if you mean the button to trigger it it depends what you set it as in Vent... or if you put it on sensitivity based.

Caporegime
Thats a reason for adding 'Extra Life'? It has no place in Versus, end of story. If you let a teammate die you don't deserve to be able to just walk over to his corpse and bring him back from the dead, you deserve to struggle through the rest and fail. Either the infected deserve the victory or you deserve the loss.

gotta agree.

It makes it so you either have to get em at a drop, or kill them all at once.

Man of Honour
How about changing them into something that instantly gets players up (but doesn't heal them - just puts them on 30 temp health)? Not realistic, but could work in terms of a game mechanic. Would prob be more suitable for adrenaline though.

Soldato
How about changing them into something that instantly gets players up (but doesn't heal them - just puts them on 30 temp health)? Not realistic, but could work in terms of a game mechanic. Would prob be more suitable for adrenaline though.

Either that or the time it takes to revive the dead is a long time (15 seconds?) or a random amount of time from say 10 seconds to 20 seconds as in real life (no one revives on the first shock!) - that way it could be risky to stand around for so long, but the rewards are good if you risk it. At the moment it only takes like 3 seconds or something which seems far too short.

Soldato
If they HAD to be included they shouldn't do anything more than bring you back from the brink of death. Ie, your black/white with 30 temp hp. Theres no complaint possible, you've just been mauled to death by a Tank, beaten to a pulp by the Charger or had your neck snapped by a Smoker, coming back form the dead is more than should be possible and having that low hp gives the infected chance to kill you again before you can be healed, as should be the case.

I'd still rather they be removed from Versus completely though. Death should not be overcome, it should be avoided.

Soldato
If they HAD to be included they shouldn't do anything more than bring you back from the brink of death. Ie, your black/white with 30 temp hp. Theres no complaint possible, you've just been mauled to death by a Tank, beaten to a pulp by the Charger or had your neck snapped by a Smoker, coming back form the dead is more than should be possible and having that low hp gives the infected chance to kill you again before you can be healed, as should be the case.

I'd still rather they be removed from Versus completely though. Death should not be overcome, it should be avoided.

...or maybe even you've got a very short window in which you can use it, so for example someone dies and you've got 5 seconds to use it or they are permanently dead.

Soldato
The whole point of the spitter is to make you move from a camping spot, if she did less damage what would be your incentive to move? I don't think that she is overpowered for this reason, those who complain that she is just need to change their ingame tactics, that's all.

Not aimed at you Egon, but anyone who now wants valve to ruin this game by nerfing the infected in the same way that they did the first one should just go back to the first one.

And while we're on the subject of nerfing, does the range of the boomer/hunter pounce seem nerfed to anyone else since the first game?

I agree with this entirely Link, I think my first post in this thread was to do with the spitter and their ability to disperse campers, they are a great SI.

Although if you are knocked out of the way by a charging charger and get spat on it;s roughly 50dmg before you can move.

Not complaining though, I love the new infected makes so many old strategies void :D

This was more my point really, in certain situations, the spitter is absolutely lethal. Combine with a boomer horde in a tight area where there is no where to go and your in deep ****

The problem with the spitter is if you can't get the players stuck on it it causes next to nothing but if you can it causes way too much. The ideal thing to do is never get too close together so Spitter goo only hits 1 person. I honestly don't think you could balance it any better than it already is. It can all too easily cause no damage at all and it REALLY punishes people for camping.

This was the problem our group had last night. It was just relentless. Once one player was incapped high on a narrow bridge it was impossible to get them up, as the spitter goo meant we couldn't go any where near them. To be fair it was great tactical play by the opposing team.

I have to admit. It's great fun, as Tefal has already said, it's time for new tactics :D

Back
Top Bottom