***Official Left 4 Dead 2 Thread***

Soldato
Why an earth would we need to pre-load over 60% again, surely they had this demo up and running since late summer, well unless they found a rather major client side problem last minute :rolleyes:

Associate
haha.... i was sooooo close to turning the PC on when i woke at 7... glad i didn't :p

Although... tonights extra preload is going to be fun. Gonna guess virgin will throttle my connection as soon as they get a slight hint that i may want to use the internet connection im paying through the teeth for.... so hopefully ill get a solid 0.5mbs to nuke that 1gb+ download. fun fun fun.

Associate
If i go to ********* and pre order today will I still be able to get the demo early ?

I just need a code from them when I pre order right ?

Last edited:
Soldato
1300 now eh ... seems to be all over the place - hopefully it's not 2000 as that way I can try it in the afternoon post work :D

The link to the L4D2 event says 1300 currently when earlier this morning it was 2000 so they can't seem to make their mind up!

Soldato
If i go to ********* and pre order today will I still be able to get the demo early ?

I just need a code from them when I pre order right ?

A) They're a competitor.
B) I thought it was only the other highstreet competitor that were giving away demo codes, and that they are probably all out by now.
C) Call them and find out.

Permabanned
Well might as well ask this here; as this will be my first go at L4D I am assuming bar it being co-op, it plays just like a normal FPS... going through sections, killing everything, maybe finding a key to advance etc

OR is there something else that I should be aware of? (I know my description above is a bit basic/crude, but I mean in premise thats how most FPS games go).

Soldato
I was just on my way in here to post a link to Valve Time :)

Yeah, I'm a little disappointed at the delays, but let's face it, I find it hard enough getting stuff to work on my PC, imagine trying to get it working on thousands! And let's face it, I can't imagine a single person here wouldn't rather have the demo a day late instead of the full release. Let them find code and client side issues now :)

And those saying it's a 1pm release, can you confirm where you heard that? The community page is still saying 8pm GMT for me (which is 1pm PST - crossed wires perhaps).

Last edited:
Well might as well ask this here; as this will be my first go at L4D I am assuming bar it being co-op, it plays just like a normal FPS... going through sections, killing everything, maybe finding a key to advance etc

OR is there something else that I should be aware of? (I know my description above is a bit basic/crude, but I mean in premise thats how most FPS games go).

Versus mode means that you take turns to control the Infected (and the survivors) which have different weapons that don't include guns.

Though versus mode is not supported in the demo it is a breath of fresh air in the fps genre.

Also in general Team work is very very important. Unlike most fps games where if you either don't play as a team at all or one person runs off they will generally be ok, Left 4 Dead = you essentially end up killing yourself and the rest of your team.

Proof that Valve are working their backsides off - it's nearly 3am over there and I just just got an email reply from Gabe Newell - so that makes 2 out of 2 (the first being 11 years ago!) :D

Email reply? You have his email address? DON'T POST IT HERE, but could you give it to me through steam at some point please pookie? :)

Back
Top Bottom