***Official Left 4 Dead 2 Thread***

Hahah 24 hours late...good job Valve...good job

Yep, seems about right. Glad I decided not to wait to upgrade my computer to i7. Did I mention I have an i7? No? Well I have an i7 :D

My Gameservers Left4Dead2 server appears to have activated aswell (OcUK 3 on main page), so I will have a look at that at some point today and see if I can get it set up. (Note it will obviously just be vanilla to start with.)

We'll see what happens with the demo, I wouldn't be surprised if those with early access to the demo had to wait until 8:00pm on the 3rd November, knowing Valve with their lack of time awareness!

Well might as well ask this here; as this will be my first go at L4D I am assuming bar it being co-op, it plays just like a normal FPS... going through sections, killing everything, maybe finding a key to advance etc

OR is there something else that I should be aware of? (I know my description above is a bit basic/crude, but I mean in premise thats how most FPS games go).

Versus mode means that you take turns to control the Infected (and the survivors) which have different weapons that don't include guns.

Though versus mode is not supported in the demo it is a breath of fresh air in the fps genre.

Also in general Team work is very very important. Unlike most fps games where if you either don't play as a team at all or one person runs off they will generally be ok, Left 4 Dead = you essentially end up killing yourself and the rest of your team.

Proof that Valve are working their backsides off - it's nearly 3am over there and I just just got an email reply from Gabe Newell - so that makes 2 out of 2 (the first being 11 years ago!) :D

Email reply? You have his email address? DON'T POST IT HERE, but could you give it to me through steam at some point please pookie? :)

I also had a couple of games on one of the ocuk L4D servers last night, hadn't played versus before either, great fun! Only problem was there seemed to be a few French people playing. :/ lol

Which server were you on?

OcUK 3,4,5 and 7 are all set to allow public to use them atm.

Luckily all seven ocuk servers have a plugin which blocks us admins from being kicked so it doesn't really bother us. :D

Last edited:
I think they've been drinking and playing the demo themselves rather then doing anything. I bet while we're all growing impatient they are sitting calmly in their office

Chet: "Another Doughnut Gabe?"
Gabe: "Yes please. I'm sure we're meant to be doing something right now..."

:D

I enjoyed that, good game :)

OcUK 3 is working guys, I used the mm_force servers command and set it to force to the IP.

And I was in first on my friends' list, much to the dismay of all on there :D

SSD+i7 for the win! ;)

Back
Top Bottom