***Official Left 4 Dead 2 Thread***

im going to boycott this thread tommorrow, too much temptation. So who is up for campaigns after work?

Kind of annoying that you have to play them in an order as you damn students AKA freeloaders will be half way through them by the night :p

You don't HAVE to play them in order you know. I think I played Death Toll last of the original four campaigns...

server IPs of OcUK servers that are now running:

OcUK 1 - 94.23.222.136:29021 - Hosted By Frenchtart & Link to Insanity
OcUK 2 - 94.23.222.136:29025 - Hosted By Frenchtart & Link to Insanity
OcUK 3 - 217.163.30.155:27015 - Hosted By Link to Insanity
OcUK 4 - 217.163.10.204:27015 - Hosted by Link to Insanity

Will update with other servers as and when they become available. OcUK 4 will be offline for a bit while I sort out sourcemod and test to see if I can get it working.

The search key appears to work fine atm, so sv_search_key ocuk to connect to any ocuk server...

Last edited:
Loving mele weapons.

Mostly.

Unfortunately a problem has arisen, now because melee weapons exist, some people are using nothing BUT melee weapons and therefore think its fine to run into the middle of a group of zomies, or up to a tank/special and then complaining when they get shot by the 3 people not using this tactic.

Yep. I can totally relate to this statement, especially annoying when it comes to expert mode.

Also seems that a lot of players come in and teamwork goes to **** in this game. What's going on guys?

Good games tonight guys. Steve, bledd, sultan of swing and myself completed Hard Rain on Advanced, gaining the no disturbed witches acheivement on the 2nd level. Interesting I have to say ;)

Sorry for ignoring/denying all versus requests so far, but I want to do all campaigns on Advanced first before I go near versus. Should be hosting a Versus game on Friday evening though. Looking forward to it. :)

Not really looking forward to versus on this, having seen numerous ragequits on the servers (and heard about them too). Word of warning, if you ragequit on me at all (I don't mean people with legitimate reasons for leaving) you will be off my friends list and booted from future games I host from lobby. It's a new game so of course a lot of people will suck. :rolleyes: Just ride through it. If people are screwing around and not attempting to play the game the votekick them and invite someone else. Simple as.

I also urge anyone else who witnesses a true ragequit (crashes normally result in a friends message and the person saying they're coming back) to do the same.

guys how do you play on the ocuk servers ? ive no idea how to pick servers :s

simplest way is to create an autoexec.cfg file in your Left4dead2/cfg directory and add this line into it:

mm_dedicated_force_servers 94.23.222.136:29021,94.23.222.136:29025,217.163.30.155:27015,217.163.10.204:27015,94.23.222.136:29029,94.23.222.136:29033

Sometimes these forums have a tendency to add extra spaces so remove those for it to work, with the exception of the one between the command and 1st IP Address.

Another method is to go into console before creating a lobby and type the above in or sv_search_key ocuk

Saturday Night versus games!

Maybe we can get a versus game or two tonight lads? I'd like to start around 7:30PM tonight so everyone has a chance to eat etc beforehand. Hoping to get some of the regulars in (Link, Defrag, Bez, Sharpy, Catface, Midnight, Lyon, Kearney etc, sorry I don't remember everyone off the top of my head)

Gimme a shout if you're interested :)

AKA Hippos teh Hungry

Shout given ;)

New L4D2 Update Released:

Left 4 Dead 2

-Fixed performance problem when rendering lots of decals, notably when fighting tanks with shotguns
-Fixed rcon response not working on Linux dedicated servers
-Fixed matchmaking problem matching into Advanced and Expert games
-Fix bug that would cause other specials to try to pummel a player a Charger disconnects or reconnects
-Fixed versus mode results panel being cut off in transition stats screen in non-english
-Found games: fixed non-player entries drawing the wrong type of icon in the selected item name label
-Game mode selector on main menu now takes keyboard input

Please Note: OcUK servers are being updated as we speak. OcUK 3+4 should be up very soon.

Joined Linktart server 5 which had 2/4 people on it, after 2 mins they vote banned me :confused: Idiots.

Can you ban them both please link?

Once sourcemod is working I'll get Voteguard on there. It won't help most players but the admins won't be able to be votekicked by non-admins. They will also be able to see who tries to boot them, which if I'm on there means a ":p. Nice try." in chat and kick/ban.

Give me names and if I see em on again I'lll boot them when they reach the finale...

As long as people don't start up the practice of kicking people if they don't have the OcUK tag again. Afaik, none of the server owners use the OcUK tag...and I personally have no plans to ever use it...so if someone callvote kicks me I'll get a'slappin' via rcon :p

Won't happen. Voteguard is now installed. Only person that can kick the server owners is another server owner...

Had my first versus on parish last night. Found it tough not knowing the level particularly well. Especially as infected as finding walls to climb and good ambush spots was hard.

We got our butts kicked. The Spitter is lethal if used correctly, perhaps overpowered? Don't know what others think. But health can drop from 80+ to incap alarmingly quickly.

The whole point of the spitter is to make you move from a camping spot, if she did less damage what would be your incentive to move? I don't think that she is overpowered for this reason, those who complain that she is just need to change their ingame tactics, that's all.

Not aimed at you Egon, but anyone who now wants valve to ruin this game by nerfing the infected in the same way that they did the first one should just go back to the first one.

And while we're on the subject of nerfing, does the range of the boomer/hunter pounce seem nerfed to anyone else since the first game?

So whats the OCUK sv_steamgroup number then? Or is it a closely guarded secret? I've got a server I'm trying to test out.

Closely guarded secret...

:p

Seriously email me in trust and I'll talk to you about server setup etc if you want to have your server set up as an ocuk server. If your a server admin for ocuk though there are certain rules, such as no kicking people from your server just because you want to play on it and becasue changing group numbers is impossible once given out we can't just give it to anyone. (This reason is why Insanity Versus for l4d1 never became an ocuk server ;) )

Back
Top Bottom