***Official Left 4 Dead 2 Thread***

Morning lads, bit of a mixed reaction from myself...

I like the new variety in weaponry (even if the Deagle is the size of Coach's belly lol). The melee weapons are a lot of fun, esp with adrenaline lol. The characters have some great lines/interaction with eachother. Rochelle when playing last night came out with "ST COLUMBUS that hurt!" in honour of The Anchorman. Genuinely lol'd.

The infected damaging is excellent too with the dismemberment as well as pipe bomb limb showers ^_^

It's a lot tougher on Expert which is what I wanted the most from this game but I think it may be at the expense of some of the excellent pacing/strategic viability of the first game. The new special infected seem overpowered (particular emphasis on the Spitter) and I know they were introduced to stop the corner/room tactics but frankly between it and the charger, I think it actually imbalances the game and things can just be a chaotic mess rather than a tactical effort more often than not.

Of course, this may just be a case of people running about like headless chickens looking for new stuff added in the game rather than the familiar, well practiced routes and strategies that developed in the first game haha.

I'm also not sold at all on the whole daytime thing. The lighting coupled with the large, open areas makes me feel like I'm not even playing the L4D I know and love anymore.

Thoughts?

OK, I don't think the infected are overpowered at all, infact they are vastly underpowered in the first game which removes a lot of the fun so I hope they stay as they are. I like the spitter as she is as it forces you to move. The charger appears to like to kill me, so if ur in my game ur safe. ;)

Daytime is on this campaign only I believe, gives a bit of change from usual Left 4 Dead campaigns and is a nice bit of fresh air.

Finally, I am sure tactics will develop as the game matures. It's new and people are still learning about the changes, give it time ;)

Just like L4D1, if I have it on, my game freezes randomly ranging from a couple of seconds to 10 seconds sometimes and then it returns to normal, rinse and repeat, which makes it unplayable. If I have multicore rendering off, it plays perfectly.
It's an issue for many users from what I've read.

My spare pc does this too. Can't work out why.

Right. Installed. To play the demo versus you need to get an admin with rcon access. Not many of the admins do as this gives too much control then we would like. Off the top of my head, these admins include myself, Defrag, Frenchtart, bledd and Knubje, but there may be a couple more that I may have overlooked. Those of you with rcon please don't give out rcon details as it reduces the security of the servers.

Instructions for Demo Versus Game:

Make sure you are on OcUK 3 (IP = 217.163.30.155:27015)

Admins:
-Start a game on any difficulty of your choice.
-type "rcon plugin_allow_remote_commands 1" to allow players to choose sides.

All Players:
-"set_infected 0" to join the Survivors.
-"set_infected 1" to join the Infected.
-"plugin_cvar kill" to end the round.
-"plugin_cvar sb_all_bot_team 1" if you want to fool around in Single Player or troll the Survivors with your friends.

Note:

-Best played 2-on-2 on Expert or Advanced difficulty.
-It's not possible to advance to the second map unless the Survivors successfully make it to the safe room and shut the door.
-Tanks cannot be controlled.
-Special Infected will respawn almost instantly after death.
-Special Infected will sometimes spawn with two or more of the same class.
-Distance-based Hunter pounce damage is not present, despite the screen shake and sound effect if pounced from a longer-than-normal distance.

Please note this may be a little buggy, but it should be useful in seeing what each of the infected may be like to control. I may have a quick go trying this out this evening, but apart from that I probably won't be around. Please note also that this is still only for four players.

Enjoy. :)

Last edited:
no matter how they dress this game up, its just left 4 dead in new clothes and the sun out !:p!

the demo is great fun, but from playing Borderlands it doesnt offer enough variation nor that 'one more go' or 'just finish this bit'..

Left4Dead on release was classic and no doubt the full version of L4DejaVu2 will contain lots of multiplayer fun, but i'll wait for it to go on offer and defo snap it up then..

I hope your not one of these people who buys a new Fifa every year, if so /facepalm :p

Also OMG Cat and Sharpy are back! There goes our good games :p

That can not be true because Valve have said themselves that the characters from L4D1 will never be seen in L4D2. This is because
1, L4D2 takes part before L4D1
2, The games take place in two complete different parts of USA. Bill, Zoey, Francis and Louis have never been in the south. This is because Francis hates the beach.

1. I think L4D2 now takes place a couple of weeks after L4D1, though I could be wrong. The original intention is what you say, but I think valve changed their minds when they decided to add more infected.

2. Yes

Valve have said that the models for the original four survivors may be included in the code for L4D2. Basicly modders may be able to unlock them and therefore it may be possible to enable them in 8v8 mods.

Yes, definitely campaign first - as I suggest earlier, at least on Advanced (and I'm not explaining that again!), plus I'm pretty sure the Scavenge mode is gonna get a battering...oh, and survival, and realism..... oh lord, I don't know what I wanna do after I coop the campaigns... I just intend having a lot of fun :D

I think Versus is off the cards for me this week. Gonna try completing all the campaigns on Expert/Advanced first.

Will happily try out Scavenger mode however...

With regards to Survival I'm not massively bothered.

Back
Top Bottom