***Official Left 4 Dead 2 Thread***

Associate
Anyone else finding the audio volume to low. Launching it decreases my volume drastically. People on teamspeak sound very quiet, goes back to normal upon exit plus the general audio in the game seems very very low. I have to crank it up a bit

Soldato
Not overly impressed so far... Melee weapons seem pointless other than to add an option and dilute gameplay for the sake of it.

Likewise with the numerous weapons. Many seem to really just be variations of another in different guises.

My favourite thing so far is the swat zombie. This actually brings in a variation to gameplay, and it was something I proposed on the Valve forums ages ago. Although I suggest only a head shot would work. I also suggested some of the infected if you shot off their legs they'd crawl towards you. Again to add variety...

I guess it's only a demo, so we won't know until we see the full thing. A NPC model and zombie dogs have been spotted in the game data!?

Soldato
I had major issues with my game crashing my whole PC and the general performance/frame rate being sub bar. Spec is 4870x2 with i7 920 CPU, Windows 7 x64 Ultimate edition.

In the end it seems that setting the video mode to windows with no frames under Video options fixed it and now everything seems fine :)

Soldato
New weapon in L4D2, The Force:

l4dforce.jpg

Soldato
I find this runs a little laggy maxed out compared to L4D 1, however turning AA down to 4x and Rendering to High seems to fix it, anyone else noticed this?

Jcb33.

Soldato
Of course, but Robert's point was that the darkness provides a better atmosphere and more sinister playing environment, not that zombies shouldn't be hanging around in daylight :confused:.

Once the modders get on it I'm sure we'll see a night time version , with mardi gras-esque lighting.

Back
Top Bottom