***Official Left 4 Dead 2 Thread***

Associate
Saw this in the console at the end of a round:

Achievements disabled, ignoring achievement progress for ACH_BILE_A_TANK

So bile booming a tank is an achievement!

The infected attack the tank, but the tank doesn't really hit back, just brushes them off. But it really slows him does for a while. Good tactic :cool:

Also, what's with the gratuitous thong shots. This is a family forum :p

Soldato
You know, it's interesting (slight OT comment here). Valve decided to persue episodic content for the half life series because it would allow them to release much more frequently. And yet, in the space between episodes two and three we've had two full left 4 dead games. Not that I'm complaining particularly, l4d2 looks like it will be great if the demo is anything to go by.

Soldato
Once the modders get on it I'm sure we'll see a night time version , with mardi gras-esque lighting.

Would be nice if it turned to night over the course of the campaign, so you get a dusk level and then have all hell break loose during the night time finale.

Not seen any footage of the rest of this campaign though, guessing my hopes won't become reality :p.

Soldato
"Posting here and in L4D 4 pack thread"

Looking for 3 for others to join me in purchasing the 4 pack :)

I'm guessing most if not all the regulars from L4D have already got it, I'm a bit late to the party on this one !

Associate
Anyone else seen the dragging guts??

I shot a zombie in the stomach and his guts came spewing out with their own physics so they dragged and pulled out along the floor as he continued to run. quickly disappeared, but still, pretty class.

boomer pile sounds pretty cool too. i just thought it was a way of distracting the horde... but it just calls more of them so couldnt see the point. but covering a tank in it makes perfect sense! :) Im sure there are plenty of other applications too. There seems to be more combinations of stuff now. Like the way you can use adrenaline to heal and get people up faster, or go on a melee rampage.

Soldato
Would be nice if it turned to night over the course of the campaign, so you get a dusk level and then have all hell break loose during the night time finale.

Not seen any footage of the rest of this campaign though, guessing my hopes won't become reality :p.

It goes the other way round doesn't it, dusk to dawn, with Parish being the last campaign.

Last edited:
Soldato
Actually, I think they've missed a drink by not having any dynamic light changes. You've got dynamic weather so why not have the same with lighting. That is the AI decided while loading if it's going to be night or day.

From a continuity point of view it wouldn't make much of a difference. Who's to say the events take place across one day anyway? Only thing that would be awkward is the cutscenes.

Last edited:
Soldato
Not overly impressed so far... Melee weapons seem pointless other than to add an option and dilute gameplay for the sake of it.

lol. The melee weapons are a godsend for when you run out of ammo and need to defend yourself. I'd rather be left with a frying pan than a pistol if I was backed up into a corner and zombies were rushing me.

Soldato
Gentlemen, I propose a duel to the death, the winner gets to court this fine maiden.

loser gets the boomer.
Lyon, just be content with Steve!

lol. The melee weapons are a godsend for when you run out of ammo and need to defend yourself. I'd rather be left with a frying pan than a pistol if I was backed up into a corner and zombies were rushing me.
Definitely agree with that sentiment. I think the sheer choice and weapon combinations are going to be amazing - do you grab a Spas and a guitar, or an M16 and a Magnum.....hmmmm, tough call :D

Soldato
It would be so friggin mind blowingnly awesome if these charecters were in L4D2. Also, I wish we got a cricket bat instead of a baseball bat. :(

126ea2u.jpg

Back
Top Bottom