***Official Left 4 Dead 2 Thread***

Soldato
How do you get the demo ?
I pre ordered this gane ages ago (retail box version) and it doesent mention anything about the demo in the emails

any ideas?
Perhaps the retailer can help you with a code.

In any case, the demo is available for everyone next week - November 3rd, I believe - I know it's not the same as getting it now, but at least it's only a few days.

Soldato
Yes we know you don't like the daylight by now, wow lol, way to moan; this is the only daylight campaign. I myself like the daylight.
Can we move on?
I didn't care much for the intro movie at first; the more I play this demo, though the more I am falling in love with it and all aspects.
This game is the buisness. :)
Roll on V's.

Well to be fair i wasn't even talking about the daylight, but I'll stop moaning and wait for the full game :p.

As i said I'm liking the game more and more each play through. The new weapons are awesome, especially the machete. Cant wait for the full game now.

Soldato
I've found that my one real gripe with the demo is that it was released so long before the full thing. Mind you, last night's L4D was intense.... for those of you struggling to keep entertained, try the Suicide Blitz campaign - superb stuff (and easily the longest campaign I've ever played).

Soldato
one thing is the graphics, my rig is not top spec , quad 6700 and a 512 4870 , but at 1900 x1200 everything maxed i am getting well over 100fps , could valve not have added some more eye candy for the highest settings? and what happend to the director in l4d2 being able to change the routes through the maps , this hasnt happened to me in the demo yet ......oh and real time of day would have been nice , ie like wow if you play during the day its day in game etc ....

Soldato
one thing is the graphics, my rig is not top spec , quad 6700 and a 512 4870 , but at 1900 x1200 everything maxed i am getting well over 100fps , could valve not have added some more eye candy for the highest settings?

Source engine still mate. It will only go so far :)

and what happend to the director in l4d2 being able to change the routes through the maps , this hasnt happened to me in the demo yet

Uhh...played expert yet? All other difficulties all routes are open as far as I have seen. If you have played expert you will see that certain ways are blocked off. Happens on the first map especially.

I only noticed it when we had a tank before the end of first level and started running back into a corridor for it to be blocked with a wall when I expected it to be open :)

......oh and real time of day would have been nice , ie like wow if you play during the day its day in game etc ....

Perhaps you should post that idea in the steam forum for the devleopers to look at and laugh at? :D

Last edited:
Soldato
one thing is the graphics, my rig is not top spec , quad 6700 and a 512 4870 , but at 1900 x1200 everything maxed i am getting well over 100fps , could valve not have added some more eye candy for the highest settings? and what happend to the director in l4d2 being able to change the routes through the maps , this hasnt happened to me in the demo yet ......oh and real time of day would have been nice , ie like wow if you play during the day its day in game etc ....

Personally I'd like to see it go Duke Nukem 3D and have a blood/gib slider. I'd like to see jibs and blood all over the place with a big explosive or a massive shotgun. Or an infecteds final few footsteps spurting blood out.

Duke Nukem 3D could do this and it was a laugh riot :)

As for the route changes, the maps do feel a bit odd in places, so I wonder if the route changing has been disabled for the demo? Or maybe only some of the maps have route changing and we're not on those.

Soldato
Route changing does happen on expert and expert only as far as I've seen.

I've seen it in the demo, numerous times.
The only place I've seen it is the little cafe type effort with the Jukebox in it. There are three ways into the yard area in the back, just before the restaurant with the alarmed car out front (that I've seen) - the kitchen, the alleyway and/or jumping the fence. The first time I played with Lyon he told me to "just jump the wooden fence, it's quicker" and all I saw was a pair of chainlink fences - I thought he was taking the mick :)

Associate
How good are the new style set-piece events?

Talk about an adrenaline rush running to shut off the alarm on the second stage. I can't remember experience gameplay as exhilirating as that for a long time. No more camping in corners!

I'm so looking forward to the full game.

Soldato
How good are the new style set-piece events?

Talk about an adrenaline rush running to shut off the alarm on the second stage. I can't remember experience gameplay as exhilirating as that for a long time. No more camping in corners!

I'm so looking forward to the full game.
I recall watching an interview where they said they wanted to mix up crescendos more so that camping a corner was no longer viable. Apparently there is one which works in stages where you have to keep moving from one part to another in order to finish it - there was something about a bridge, but that might be unrelated..... I'm old and get confused :D

Associate
Hey guys, I´m all new to this forum. A UK-mate of mine told me to register here because he made it the same way. Heres my prob.
I´m german and I want to pre-order L4D2 over steam to get acces to the demo. if i order it here in germany through steam, ill get the cencored version. I made that with l4d1 and i had to buy it once through amazon.uk and tell the steam support to change it in violence version to correct that....

Kraven (my mate) just said, that maybe here in this forum, there will be a nice guy that orderes the 4-l4d2 package and send gifts to me.
In order of this will really work, I would pay and take 3 gift-keys for me and 2 german friends.
I would pay through paypal or normal bank transfer,.... even anything you want... just thought paypal would be the easiest way...
Please help us poor german l4d fans... I hope its not to late for this :(

Last edited:
Soldato
Hey guys, I´m all new to this forum. A UK-mate of mine told me to register here because he made it the same way. Heres my prob.
I´m german and I want to pre-order L4D2 over steam to get acces to the demo. if i order it here in germany through steam, ill get the cencored version. I made that with l4d1 and i had to buy it once through amazon.uk and tell the steam support to change it in violence version to correct that....

Kraven (my mate) just said, that maybe here in this forum, there will be a nice guy that orderes the 4-l4d2 package and send gifts to me.
In order of this will really work, I would pay and take 3 gift-keys for me and 2 german friends.
I would pay through paypal or normal bank transfer,.... even anything you want... just thought paypal would be the easiest way...
Please help us poor german l4d fans... I hope its not to late for this :(
Guten Morgen Fraulein,

Please check this thread here:
http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=18061480

Back
Top Bottom