***Official Left 4 Dead 2 Thread***

Associate
Dont know how I survived without melee weapons, pistols just seem so lacklustre now.

Have they changed the AI for the bots? they seem overly dumb on this demo.. we had a guy drop last night on expert and spent the rest of the map picking the pc player up off the floor.

Soldato
Dont know how I survived without melee weapons, pistols just seem so lacklustre now.

Have they changed the AI for the bots? they seem overly dumb on this demo.. we had a guy drop last night on expert and spent the rest of the map picking the pc player up off the floor.

Yeah ive noticed they always set off the car alarm and disturb the witch.

PoD

PoD

Associate
We might have only been given Tier 1 melee as well.

I would certainly rate a chainsaw and katana over a frying pan and although the machete cuts it is a single handed blade, so shouldn't be as powerful.

Soldato
gayboys.jpg

Utter filth.

Right. Installed. To play the demo versus you need to get an admin with rcon access. Not many of the admins do as this gives too much control then we would like. Off the top of my head, these admins include myself, Defrag, Frenchtart, bledd and Knubje, but there may be a couple more that I may have overlooked. Those of you with rcon please don't give out rcon details as it reduces the security of the servers.

Instructions for Demo Versus Game:

Make sure you are on OcUK 3 (IP = 217.163.30.155:27015)

Admins:
-Start a game on any difficulty of your choice.
-type "rcon plugin_allow_remote_commands 1" to allow players to choose sides.

All Players:
-"set_infected 0" to join the Survivors.
-"set_infected 1" to join the Infected.
-"plugin_cvar kill" to end the round.
-"plugin_cvar sb_all_bot_team 1" if you want to fool around in Single Player or troll the Survivors with your friends.

Note:

-Best played 2-on-2 on Expert or Advanced difficulty.
-It's not possible to advance to the second map unless the Survivors successfully make it to the safe room and shut the door.
-Tanks cannot be controlled.
-Special Infected will respawn almost instantly after death.
-Special Infected will sometimes spawn with two or more of the same class.
-Distance-based Hunter pounce damage is not present, despite the screen shake and sound effect if pounced from a longer-than-normal distance.

Please note this may be a little buggy, but it should be useful in seeing what each of the infected may be like to control. I may have a quick go trying this out this evening, but apart from that I probably won't be around. Please note also that this is still only for four players.

Enjoy. :)

Last edited:
Soldato
Just pre-ordered off Steam. Getting Bills hat for TF2 was too good to miss out on! Loving the demo. Just playing through single player for some fun. Loving having melee! Completed one whole level using a guitar!

Soldato
Just pre-ordered off Steam. Getting Bills hat for TF2 was too good to miss out on! Loving the demo. Just playing through single player for some fun. Loving having melee! Completed one whole level using a guitar!
This reminds me of a suggestion I made previously. Just to spice up the demo, let's try some challenges - completing the game with pistols, or melee only (once available)..... should make the tank interesting :D

I saw an interview with one of the developers yesterday, and he was saying how the two levels in the demo are the smallest ones in the game - there are some which are many, many times bigger than the second one. They just wanted to add the second level due to the crescendo giving an idea of the kind of changes they're implementing to the tried and tested system of L4D1.

And when one of you rcon types is ready for a game of "versus", gimme a shout :)

Back
Top Bottom