***Official Left 4 Dead 2 Thread***

C64

C64

Soldato
**spoiler alert**
don't read my post as it may reveal things you don't yet know about the game.

Watched a stream of this game last night albeit a 360 stream cannot say I was overly impressed by many of the levels.
A lot seemed very sparse and half hearted looking like they could have done with a years more polishing ahem.
The rockband stage level looked decent though you get boxes of fireworks you set off much like fuel canisters they explode all over the place like firecrackers setting fire to zombies.
Saw this can of what appears to be boomer vomit you can throw on zombies and the hoard attacks those zombies.
Overall from what I have seen the carnival level looks like the best with the zombie clowns.
Still I was left a bit underwhelmed by it all especially the generic get across a big bridge level.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Saw this can of what appears to be boomer vomit you can throw on zombies and the hoard attacks those zombies.

yeah it's in the demo. you can lob it away/behind you to cause a distraction like a pipe bomb to clear an area or throw it at a tank/witch/anything else that moves to help out.

C64

C64

Soldato
Think i shall still be getting it though still looks fun despite my niggles.
wont be paying over £15 for it though will wait for a special deal next year.

Associate
Well my new graphics card is arriving on Tuesday (8800gt===>5770) which will be perfect timing. Anyway here is the official release times for all zones :)

When L4D2 will go live:

* Monday, November 16th, 9:00 PM Pacific Standard Time (8 GMT)
* Monday, November 16th, 10:00 PM Mountain Standard Time (7 GMT)
* Monday, November 16th, 11:00 PM Central Standard Time (6 GMT)
* Tuesday, November 17th, 12:00 AM (midnight) Eastern Standard Time (5GMT)
* Tuesday, November 17th, 5:00 AM Greenwich Mean Time (0 GMT)
* Tuesday, November 17th, 8:00 AM Moscow Time (-3 GMT)
* Tuesday, November 17th, 2:00 PM Japan Standard Time (-9 GMT)

Soldato
**spoiler alert**
don't read my post as it may reveal things you don't yet know about the game.

watched a stream of this game last night albeit a 360 stream cannot say I was overly impressed by many of the levels.
A lot seemed very sparse and half hearted looking like they could have done with a years more polishing ahem.
The rockband stage level looked decent though you get boxes of fireworks you set off much like fuel canisters they explode all over the place like firecrackers setting fire to zombies.
Overall from what I have seen the carnival level looks like the best with the zombie clowns.
Still I was left a bit underwhelmed by it all especially the generic get across a big bridge level.

Playing L4D > Watching L4D

:cool:

Soldato
Yes, definitely campaign first - as I suggest earlier, at least on Advanced (and I'm not explaining that again!), plus I'm pretty sure the Scavenge mode is gonna get a battering...oh, and survival, and realism..... oh lord, I don't know what I wanna do after I coop the campaigns... I just intend having a lot of fun :D

Soldato
All campaigns on normal by myself, or advanced/expert with my friends. Then hit all the extra bits and bobs and be excited like a little boy and so on.

PoD

PoD

Associate
Please Read

I am creating a L4D guide to house all our L4D knowledge and to provide a central location we can point newbies to, so they can improve their skills and we can hone ours.

I will post the guide on the main Steam forum when its publishable, but right now I'm just looking for tips, Tactics and strategies..whatever you can give will be appreciated. So if you can post any useful tips/strats to me then I will add them to the guide.

The guide is initially being created on GoogleWave, so if anyone of the OcUK L4D Community that I know wants access or has access then let me know and I will see about getting you on there.

Yes, definitely campaign first - as I suggest earlier, at least on Advanced (and I'm not explaining that again!), plus I'm pretty sure the Scavenge mode is gonna get a battering...oh, and survival, and realism..... oh lord, I don't know what I wanna do after I coop the campaigns... I just intend having a lot of fun :D

I think Versus is off the cards for me this week. Gonna try completing all the campaigns on Expert/Advanced first.

Will happily try out Scavenger mode however...

With regards to Survival I'm not massively bothered.

Back
Top Bottom