***Official Left 4 Dead 2 Thread***

Associate
Short compilation I made this morning, really impressed that all these awesome things happened in about 45 minutes playtime.

Loving the game so far.

Man of Honour
Didn't realise it was out a few days early? Anyway downloading now.. going to be quite a while at this speed though. If I had known I would have started it this morning :p

Permabanned
Jumped into a couple of online campaigns on expert and !!! its a lot tougher than the demo, maybe it was the map, but I had to get my mouse out.

Good fun, i probably need to do some single player to find out the nooks and crannies though.

Associate
This is massive fail! Having the same issues as many others - crash out of game about a minute in without any warning. Tried validating files and didnt work. Tried re installing the local content to no avail!

£26 paid and I cant get the bloody thing to work! Been trying since this morning. Anyone found a work around?

OCUK bholliday

Associate
@supergt:

In order of efficacy:

1) check you've got the most up to date graphics drivers.
2) validate the game cache (properties->local files->verify), keep validating until it comes back with no errors.
3) Run Steam as Administrator (works for a few)
4) launch with "-lv". This will disable all the gore, but supposedly stops the problem.

I did 1 and 2, now reinstalling as my validation ALWAYS came back as broken.

@Mark A:

Supposedly this is normal, it's decrypting all the files. Leave it for another while and it should come back. Your HD should be thrashing in the meantime, if it isn't, try restarting Steam.

Associate
@supergt:

In order of efficacy:

1) check you've got the most up to date graphics drivers.
2) validate the game cache (properties->local files->verify), keep validating until it comes back with no errors.
3) Run Steam as Administrator (works for a few)
4) launch with "-lv". This will disable all the gore, but supposedly stops the problem.

I did 1 and 2, now reinstalling as my validation ALWAYS came back as broken.

@Mark A:

Supposedly this is normal, it's decrypting all the files. Leave it for another while and it should come back. Your HD should be thrashing in the meantime, if it isn't, try restarting Steam.

Let me know if that works - I've read that there isnt a fix atm which sucks

Soldato
LOVE the chainsaw :D Just took on a horde by myself and came out unscathed (on Advanced).. nice :p

chain2.jpg

Back
Top Bottom