***Official Left 4 Dead 2 Thread***

Soldato
Loving mele weapons.

Mostly.

Unfortunately a problem has arisen, now because melee weapons exist, some people are using nothing BUT melee weapons and therefore think its fine to run into the middle of a group of zomies, or up to a tank/special and then complaining when they get shot by the 3 people not using this tactic.

Soldato
Was really getting in to that Swamp campaign with you Link, Pookie Bear and Aleu, untill my budget internet lost connection, sorry, only does it once in a blue moon. :(

Last edited:
Soldato
Getting the crash every minute aswell. Trying the new beta driver for nvidia. Redoing the validation etc several times. Redownloaded all the files a few times. Same issue am mighty peeved :(

Associate
I've only had one blast so far, gonna have another go in a few mins. The map was good, but has anyone else noticed the annoyingly constant onslaught of zombies? It seems to do it on the 3rd or 4th map of the first campaign in particular, we would fight off a horde and literally a few seconds later we would get another horde. They weren't always huge hordes, but big enough that on expert we had to take shelter or pick a corner to survive. This went on for over half an hour, and there is no dramatisation to my post, literally horde after horde for 30+ minutes.

I hope that isn't an indication to how expert plays now. Tranquil suggested that they have simply beefed up expert mode, as we used to fly through it. I'm all for beefing up expert mode, but not at the expense of pacing.

Associate
Is the Steam game updates making anyones PC run slow, mine is lagging a bit, maybe something to do with having a SSD? Also thats me been waiting about 40 mins :(

Soldato
Getting the crash every minute aswell. Trying the new beta driver for nvidia. Redoing the validation etc several times. Redownloaded all the files a few times. Same issue am mighty peeved :(

Try to change the graphics mode to use "Windowed - no borders" instead of full screen. When I had problem with crashes/hard locks on the demo it fixed it for me, also improved my frame rate no end :)

can't hurt to give it a go

Soldato
I should be excited, and I should have bought this by now as I absolutely LOVE Left4Dead1. However, the L4D2 demo completely disappointed and bored me out of wanting to play the full game. Even now looking at the screenshots, there is nothing there that entices me into wanting to buy the game. I feel like I should just buy it and see what it's like but.. I fear I may be wasting my money. :/

Associate
I'll try and find a quote but the yanks were moaning to valve about the release being minutes late. The reason was because they found a last minute bug causing the crash to desktop ( that we have).

They said they "think" the fix they implemented stopped it. Clearly not

bholliday

Associate
Anyone else have an issue with the OCUK servers appearing and disappearing every few seconds from the menu screen?

When you get on the servers everything works great though

Soldato
Anyone else have an issue with the OCUK servers appearing and disappearing every few seconds from the menu screen?

Yup I have. Still haven't figured out how to join an ocuk server game in a lobby either:confused: Can only connect to ones half way through a campaign.

In my defence, I'm tired now. So very tired.

Associate
I've only had one blast so far, gonna have another go in a few mins. The map was good, but has anyone else noticed the annoyingly constant onslaught of zombies? It seems to do it on the 3rd or 4th map of the first campaign in particular, we would fight off a horde and literally a few seconds later we would get another horde. They weren't always huge hordes, but big enough that on expert we had to take shelter or pick a corner to survive. This went on for over half an hour, and there is no dramatisation to my post, literally horde after horde for 30+ minutes.

I hope that isn't an indication to how expert plays now. Tranquil suggested that they have simply beefed up expert mode, as we used to fly through it. I'm all for beefing up expert mode, but not at the expense of pacing.

You were probably on the one where the alarm is going off and you have to get to the top floor to turn if off. Thats the reason the hordes just keep coming. The demo had one of them too if you remember. Im guessing theres a fair few of those type of situations.

That happens to me too, on the main menu on the bottom right sometimes it just dissapears, even when im looking at the servers, then comes back. Just played through Dead Centre on advanced with a couple chaps though.

Associate
You were probably on the one where the alarm is going off and you have to get to the top floor to turn if off. Thats the reason the hordes just keep coming. The demo had one of them too if you remember. Im guessing theres a fair few of those type of situations.
Heh, I probably should have mentioned it wasn't an event, the constant spawn fest was not part of any set piece, we just got hordes one after another. After we finished one off we would hear the horde jingle again to let us know more were coming. It was the entire map, I think it was where you get into the mall for the first time that it really started going nuts. Maybe I'm blowing it out of proportion, but I'm a long time L4D veteran and I was getting frustrated at how we were not getting a single break.

We also got two chargers and two smokers at the same time, which never happened to me in the demo, and you couldn't get two smokers in a L4D campaign.

Caporegime
My wireless adapter decided to die on me :( (well it's basically not connecting the net, but rather the network, and when it works it's very slow)

Overclockers have none in stock :(

Left 4 Dead 2 is out :(

I just feel like crying.

Back
Top Bottom