***Official Left 4 Dead 2 Thread***

Soldato
Getting the crash every minute aswell. Trying the new beta driver for nvidia. Redoing the validation etc several times. Redownloaded all the files a few times. Same issue am mighty peeved :(

Me too, this pretty much sucks.

Started out that the graphics were screwed (big red ERROR messages in place of some textures) then verified cache and it came back with 4 corrupt files. Fixed that, and now it constantly crashes to desktop while in-game.

To say i'm peeved is an understatement.

Let me know how you get on with the drivers.

Loving mele weapons.

Mostly.

Unfortunately a problem has arisen, now because melee weapons exist, some people are using nothing BUT melee weapons and therefore think its fine to run into the middle of a group of zomies, or up to a tank/special and then complaining when they get shot by the 3 people not using this tactic.

Yep. I can totally relate to this statement, especially annoying when it comes to expert mode.

Also seems that a lot of players come in and teamwork goes to **** in this game. What's going on guys?

Associate
Was really getting in to that Swamp campaign with you Link, Pookie Bear and Aleu, untill my budget internet lost connection, sorry, only does it once in a blue moon. :(

Shame dude, we did wait for a good 10+ mins for you to come back before we let anyone else take your spot :(

Hit me up again for a game anytime

Soldato
Me too, this pretty much sucks.

Started out that the graphics were screwed (big red ERROR messages in place of some textures) then verified cache and it came back with 4 corrupt files. Fixed that, and now it constantly crashes to desktop while in-game.

To say i'm peeved is an understatement.

Let me know how you get on with the drivers.

Verified again - 2 files corrupt. redownloaded!

Verfied again - 1 file corrupt. redownloaded!

Verfied again - 1 file corrupt.

wtf.....

Associate
Just had my first session, liking it so far and the melees are great as well.

I think once maps are better known then we'll get the teamwork and strategies going. As for the boomer bile no more corner camping yay

Soldato
So close to the end of the day :D

Today is like good and bad

Good - L4D2 Released :D
Bad - Head gasket has gone :(
Sucky news, Kearney :(

Sent steam ticket for the banter. Game works now with -lv for about 20 mins, but looks shocking with no gore and bodies disapear.
I realise this may have already been said, but have you tried disabling multicore rendering as well as AA and all that stuff? Worked a treat for issues in the demo. Also try running it in a borderless window.

Associate
Heh, I probably should have mentioned it wasn't an event, the constant spawn fest was not part of any set piece, we just got hordes one after another. After we finished one off we would hear the horde jingle again to let us know more were coming. It was the entire map, I think it was where you get into the mall for the first time that it really started going nuts. Maybe I'm blowing it out of proportion, but I'm a long time L4D veteran and I was getting frustrated at how we were not getting a single break.

We also got two chargers and two smokers at the same time, which never happened to me in the demo, and you couldn't get two smokers in a L4D campaign.

Well that just sounds awesome and annoying at the same time lol, ive played twice on expert so far cant say ive experienced what you have. Im glad i havnt though lol.

Although i have experienced the multiple specials that you have, even on normal i saw 2 chargers at once, and on advanced a tank and a charger, havnt seen 2 smokers though.

Associate
I've been having some problems as well I was getting really bad frame rate stuttering in the Dark Carnival campaign twice it crashed after stuttering for a bit before hand once in a min or so and once the 2nd level in.

Had a funny feeling it was to do with sound (it just didnt sound right in game) went to control panel>sound to see if there was something funny there and going into the soundblaster tab crashes the window, no idea why it was working fine the other day.

Anyway changed it to stereo from 5.1 and went ingame did the same and disabled multicore rendering and dropped AA to x2 played the swamp campaign fine (one or two jumpy bits aside) until the finale when the tanks showed up and again the large frame rate stuttering came back. (the tank problem is reported here)

Going to try Dark Carnival again now to see if it still crashes.

Oh yeah im using ATI 4870 9.10 drivers, X-FI Xtreme with newest drivers, Vista 64, Q6600 all at stock.

EDIT:

My antivirus popped up with this when steam was Decrypting?

Must be a false/positive?

Yeah someone else had this on the steam forums and was told it a false positive.

Last edited:
Associate
Mine just unlocks the game files every time I launch it! Pre-loading didn't do quite as well as I'd hoped!

And I've still got an extra copy to sell, forgot about that, so now I have two none working versions of the game :p

Associate
After having my first two crashes to desktop after end up in a sound loop, I've just varified my L4D2 files and it said two were missing? Steams now downloading something about 100mb big (says its "updating"), maybe people should try this incase you have files missing!

Associate
If anyone wants a game add me on steam

up for anything realism, campaign, versus.

i have a mic, im on from about 4pm some days then about 12pm others :D

Last edited:
Associate
Yep. I can totally relate to this statement, especially annoying when it comes to expert mode.

Also seems that a lot of players come in and teamwork goes to **** in this game. What's going on guys?

Well there are more people playing, people who we are not use to playing with, people who got bored in 1 week of L4D and are back to play L4D2 and no doubt will be bored again in 1 week and go away.

Things will settle down and we can have the servers to ourselves with people we know can play like a team with no surprises.

Back
Top Bottom