***Official Left 4 Dead 2 Thread***

Soldato
the last safehouse before finale i put the gnome down to blast zombies trying to break in, as i shut the door it pushed the gnome back out of the safehouse.

On start of finale, no sign of the gnome :(

Had to start from scratch again!!

Associate
So the finale of Dark Carnival is set on a stage owned by The Midnight Riders, and it seems they have a website.

bg_comingsoon.jpg

Discuss.

If you need someone for an expert campaign I'm always ready, willing and (incap)able.
Will invite :)

Soldato
Il be on tonight and looking for some expert games, shoot me an invite you hardcorers :D

Could only get onto normal games yesterday, and although great fun with the guys it wasn't challenging in the slightest.

Associate
Ok, after two nights of playing L4D2, I can safely say... wow ^_^

We got our first stab at Hard Rain last night and I was absolutely blown away. Easily the best campaign in my opinion having now played them all with Dark Carnival in second place. Seriously though, Hard Rain.... what a campaign, really intense!

It's unfortunate at the moment that my brother and I cannot seem to get and keep 2 others in the game with us due to really poor matchmaking (forcing us to host locally and others lagging like hell subsequently) and just people being too awful to play on Expert. We have been relegated to playing on Advanced (I'm ashamed, dw) but it's still bloody tough even on that!

Haven't even tried realism mode yet, that should be insanely difficult. I'm really happy with all the changes so far, I think I may even have fixed the multicore rendering bug I was getting so delighted right now.

Does anyone here still think that this should have been an DLC/expansion/patch? LMFAO. Those boycotters were idiots.

Don
Does anyone here still think that this should have been an DLC/expansion/patch? LMFAO. Those boycotters were idiots.

10 year old kids on the steam forums

Have to agree with you, that campaign is fantastic

We got through the whole witch level without disturbing one

I was even incapped and a witch walked over me at one point!, had to take a few zombie hits instead of shooting them :D

The weather effects are unreal in this game

Associate
We got our first stab at Hard Rain last night and I was absolutely blown away. Easily the best campaign in my opinion having now played them all with Dark Carnival in second place. Seriously though, Hard Rain.... what a campaign, really intense!
1st half of hard rain was really intense, second half just felt empty, not much in the way of infected running around, it just got easier.... although atmospherically, it got way cooler

As a FORMER boycotter, I actually agree with you. This game stands on its own... they have done what they wanted to do with the first (follow-on campaigns) I'm still a little annoyed at the "new weapons", there's really only 3 new weapons(launcher,auto sniper,magnum) + melee, lots of reskins and slight changes to existing ones.

Caporegime
I do like that during the storm on the hardrain finale it lowers the volumes on peoples mics making them harder to hear over the wind :d

Lovley touch.

Associate
10 year old kids on the steam forums

Have to agree with you, that campaign is fantastic

We got through the whole witch level without disturbing one

I was even incapped and a witch walked over me at one point!, had to take a few zombie hits instead of shooting them :D

The weather effects are unreal in this game

Hard rain is a scary map, I HAD tones of fun.

can't wait to finish Dark Carnival capmain and swamp fever :) after work! :D

add me in your friend list, see sig :D

Last edited:
Caporegime
it would still be over powered.

would be far too annoying incapping one with a horde and incapping the rest with specials holding them only for the other to get up and kill you all.

Soldato
Played with some randoms last night on the Mall level (first level?) We managed to complete it on Advanced after 3 re-starts.

They were'nt great, but that only added to the fun af looking after them, guiding them through the level, i will play with anyone on any level setting, as long as they play sensibly.

Would really like to play the campains with some of you guys though.

I really liked the first L4D, but this is a great follow up, luv it!

Back
Top Bottom