***Official Left 4 Dead 2 Thread***

Associate
I had a crash to desktop last night on Scavange mode. The error msg was engine failure or something.

Anybody else getting this? Any fixes?

Also, when I verify the cache it always says 1 or 2 files failed to validate and will be aquired. It does aquire one but when I verify again there is always 1 file failed to validate. This is even after a full re-install of L4D2.

Last edited:
Soldato
I had a crash to desktop last night on Scavange mode. The error msg was engine failure or something.

Anybody else getting this? Any fixes?

Also, when I verify the cache it always says 1 or 2 files failed to validate and will be aquired. It does aquire one but when I verify again there is always 1 file failed to validate. This is even after a full re-install of L4D2.
I got the engine crash thing - restarted the game and went back in without any issues.

Permabanned
hmm seems to be very laggy for me tonight, joining games with 3 other UK/European players and we are all pinging over 200.

anyone else getting this?

its playable, bar the odd stutter when it gets a bit hectic.

Soldato
Firstly, DIngle is the rusher basher thing mesiter, knocking them off a building and ensuring we won.

But bfholiday is usain bolt. Ran about 800metres over the bridge alone being chased by a tank and zombies, off the bridge and into the chopper. Epic

Pedo Bear stamp of approval !

Associate
:D

Did he make it to the end?

We spent the whole 4 levels arguing about who would hold him in case only one of us got the achievement.

Got to the finale and it was a case of "**** it! Closest one to the gnome better get him on the chopper!*

We lost him somewhere around the rollercoaster :(

Nice pics Steve :) With all the distractions along the way I'm amazed we actually finished the campaign. Well worth it though, with all the pyrotechnics going off the finale is immense!

If anyone is up for doing the first campaign this evening let me know.

Last edited:
Soldato
:D

Did he make it to the end?

We spent the whole 4 levels arguing about who would hold him in case only one of us got the achievement.

Got to the finale and it was a case of "**** it! Closest one to the gnome better get him on the chopper!*

As Barno said, he fell off the rollercoaster!
That campaign is awesome, especially when you go to the left side to get rescued based on last nights game rescue spot, only to be met by a Tank coming out and the rescue spot has changed to the other side!

Soldato
its great we just did swamp fever level which although not as visually epic as the first 2 campaigns i still very much enjoyed. It was nice havin a finale like the old style defence and teh two tanks was a shocker lol

Soldato
Firstly, DIngle is the rusher basher thing mesiter, knocking them off a building and ensuring we won.

But bfholiday is usain bolt. Ran about 800metres over the bridge alone being chased by a tank and zombies, off the bridge and into the chopper. Epic

Pedo Bear stamp of approval !

Despite the mass of rage quits that was still a brilliant game! :D

Soldato
Hahaha same here mate...

Whats your steam i'l add and il play a game or two with you?

None of my original L4D'ers are buying L4D2, so have no one to play with :(

oo oo me me.

I'm waiting for my retail copy to come on friday, it's painful reading this this and not being able to play.

Can i play too? :p

Associate
Can't wait for my copy to arrive now :D
From the demo and what everyone is saying, it seems they have beefed up and fleshed out the game a lot. Realism mode shall be...interesting!

Back
Top Bottom