***Official Left 4 Dead 2 Thread***

Associate
Loved the Hard Rain campaign. The weather effects actually made me feel wet and cold during the storm lol

Didnt like the swamp one tho. Had no idea really where I was going and only bit I liked was the plantation bit at the end. 2 tanks a charger and a spitter all turned up at the same time :(

Associate
Played with some randoms last night on the Mall level (first level?) We managed to complete it on Advanced after 3 re-starts.

They were'nt great, but that only added to the fun af looking after them, guiding them through the level, i will play with anyone on any level setting, as long as they play sensibly.

Would really like to play the campains with some of you guys though.

I really liked the first L4D, but this is a great follow up, luv it!
They obviously weren't too bad, I hate playing pub, I'm not a great player but I like to think I have some game sense, some people just run off into the distance in opposite directions to the other person running off into the distance....

Soldato
it would still be over powered.

would be far too annoying incapping one with a horde and incapping the rest with specials holding them only for the other to get up and kill you all.

^^ agreed, we ran the pills mod for a bout 1 night before binning it, its was daft.

That said the spitter is a fallen survivors worst nightmare, Ive seen entire teams go down trying to help one up just from a well placed spitter.

Associate
So the finale of Dark Carnival is set on a stage owned by The Midnight Riders, and it seems they have a website.

Discuss.

Looks like the style of a campaign poster to me.

Soldato
As ever, I am always up for Expert campaigns - time seems to be a factor for me at the moment though :(

Tomorrow morning and afternoon are definitely good for me though - does anyone want to plan a game or two? No solo-runners, melee-only (fine in anything but Expert!) or rushers need apply :D

Man of Honour
Played last night on advanced (I'm a wuss) - damn good fun until I got another CTD. Woo.

I've tried the usual suspects and the suggestions I've seen so far on here. I'm going to try disabling my virus checker next. All those infected zombies must be causing issues with it.

Associate
I'm looking to get some L4D2 in tonight and beyond and can always use more decent lads on the friends list so feel free to add my steamid; [email protected].

I'm a good player (having played the first game since it's release on almost a daily basis) and a cooperative player at that. I also have vent, microphone etc.

Permabanned
What order do the campaigns go?

Ive played most of the Dark Center one, Dark Carnival but didnt complete the stage part and ive watched some of the Swamp level from idle, then played the bit with the big MG turret.

Associate
OK guys, none of my old L4d friends have got this yet so I've not played online. If you want an extra person for expert playthroughs then add me:

http://steamcommunity.com/id/g3ck0

I'm not the best in the world but I coped with expert on L4d well enough.

You could also try inviting me for Vs but I'm really no good at that. I never found a group to play with and got sick of all the hassle of pub games about a month after the game was released. I feel like now would be a good time to start again with the fresh maps that people haven't learnt inside out yet.

Man of Honour
OK guys, none of my old L4d friends have got this yet so I've not played online. If you want an extra person for expert playthroughs then add me:

http://steamcommunity.com/id/g3ck0

I'm not the best in the world but I coped with expert on L4d well enough.

You could also try inviting me for Vs but I'm really no good at that. I never found a group to play with and got sick of all the hassle of pub games about a month after the game was released. I feel like now would be a good time to start again with the fresh maps that people haven't learnt inside out yet.

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=17977788

Associate
What order do the campaigns go?

Ive played most of the Dark Center one, Dark Carnival but didnt complete the stage part and ive watched some of the Swamp level from idle, then played the bit with the big MG turret.

No order, campaign is useless and boring. Playing against bots is almost as boring as playing against Dinglefail and Midnight.:D Jump straight into vs and be like a chicken that has lost its head not knowing where to go or what to do like me.

But in all honesty Campaign is just boring as hell to me. If they gave you some reward for doing them, like a few unlockables I would play them. Each to their own I guess.

Forgetful Fish

Soldato
I'm looking to get some L4D2 in tonight and beyond and can always use more decent lads on the friends list so feel free to add my steamid; [email protected].

I'm a good player (having played the first game since it's release on almost a daily basis) and a cooperative player at that. I also have vent, microphone etc.

Excellent, looking forward to blowing you up with my grenade launcher by mistake :D

Back
Top Bottom