**** Official LG G4 Discussion Thread ****

Soldato
I still can't update to MM. The app teslls me there is an update and downloads it. But seems to encounter an error when trying to install..

Am I going to have to factory reset the phone in order to update, or wait for the OTA update? Its a Vodafone branded G4.

Mobster
Soldato
I'm still waiting for MM on my Three branded G4. I would flash another ROM but i don't want to loose access to Three's 800Mhz and VoLTE.

I think we're going to be waiting a while as Three are being very careful with updates on Super-Voice handsets. This is because many devices had issues with the last update (the Samsung Galaxy S5 comes to mind).

Soldato
EE's branded G4 also not got MM yet either

on firmware V10K

ive had MM on a sim free G4 and i dont rate it tbh, battery drain was present and overall i prefer LP

Soldato
I read on Xda (possibly a troll post) that lg used a unfinished version of MM for the G4 which is why a lot of people are hating it and moving back to LP.

Soldato
Think may of found a EE rom that should have wifi calling on it if anyone wants to have a go flashing it on an international G4 or none EE branded G4.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/g4/help/firmware-ee-uk-g4-lg-bridge-h81510k-30-t3282925

You need to use LGUP to flash it: http://forum.xda-developers.com/g4/help/lgup-install-kdz-mm-lp-t3249803/post63843588#post63843588

What I have also found is the EE sim seems to also activate it too.

Ie, I have a EE branded g4, which I have unlocked, I'm waiting for my number to port from three to EE , so I'm using my three sim in the G4, wifi calling option has disappeared from the menus completely. When I put my EE sim back in it reappears.

So ideally you need you flash the EE rom and test it with a EE sim to be sure.

Soldato
Interesting mate. Any ideas if this would work on the Three G4?

My worry is that I won't be able to get back to the Three firmware afterwards.

As per that thread at xda

You use wire shark to start logging as you use lg bridge to check for updates (even though you are on latest three firmware, it will still give you The url for the update for your phone), download the kdz so you have it as a backup.

Would be handy to upload it to xda too as three and EE roms are hard to get hold of

Sho

Sho

Soldato
I have question if some one can help, i don't understand firmware Lg G4 LG-H815, i got it recently few weeks back, been checking for MM update, say no update on phone and lg bridge, running 5.1, build Number LMY47D, Software version v10a-EUR-XX.

i want to know can i grab any country firmware flash it or UK firmware , my phone is sim free.

also i have note 4 910f, i understand how the firmware work on that, BTU is for the UK, plus i have also use different country firmware, you use Odin.

For life of me LG G4 just seems confusing still trying to figure out what firmware i have.

Thanks

Soldato
Just got the URL for the last Three firmware, downloading it onto my server machine as my internet is too slow. This is the latest Three UK firmware.

"H81510h_00_1124.kdz" is the one i've downloaded. Can share it here if people want me to.

Caporegime
Really? I would have thought it lends itself quite well when you're holding the phone in landscape mode. You can hold it along the right edge and make a "cup" at the same time to direct the sound towards you.

The last rear-firing speaker phone I had was a Nexus 4. It just doesn't make sense to me. I use a One M8 now and I can't see myself going back to a rear facing speaker phone, though I could compromise with a bottom firing one.

It sounds louder. But very much is like watching TV with only one speaker on the left of the TV working. Drives me crazy

Associate
After much deliberation I put an order in for a black leather G4 yesterday. Never seen the phone in the flesh so I'm hoping the size isn't going to put me off, looks massive in the photos when compared to other phones but I guess I can always send it back. :rolleyes:

Soldato
After much deliberation I put an order in for a black leather G4 yesterday. Never seen the phone in the flesh so I'm hoping the size isn't going to put me off, looks massive in the photos when compared to other phones but I guess I can always send it back. :rolleyes:

it has one of the best screen-to-body ratios, im sure you will like it :)

Soldato
I wanted a black leather one, my wife got the red. However they only had the grey plastic type at the time I bought them both. Even when I needed to change mine for a phantom keypress fault they still only had one left in stock - another grey plastic. But by then I realised that I would be using a case anyway and so it didn't matter what colour back the phone had.

I found the phone slightly smaller than my Voda Ultra 6, but much better in all respects - especially the camera.

Back
Top Bottom