**** Official LG G4 Discussion Thread ****

Associate
Wanted to debrand my vodafone one, every time had the Current version is not avaiable for user. Can't find matched cust for NT-code mmc/mnc[], subset[] on boot.

Tried v20a KDZ and a few features were missing and the shutting button was odd.

Flashed back to a vodafone 10D KDZ and bridge or ota still aint prompting for an update.

Anyone with the Vodafone G4 could you tell me the software version you are on please?

Settings > General > About phone > Software info

Soldato
Reckon I should get the LG G4, they are £320 ish on a popular online shop, I have £55 gift voucher so will bring it down to around £265.

I currently have a first gen moto g. And would like a new phone.

It's either the G4 or something like the One Plus Two for around £290?

Soldato
Reckon I should get the LG G4, they are £320 ish on a popular online shop, I have £55 gift voucher so will bring it down to around £265.

I currently have a first gen moto g. And would like a new phone.

It's either the G4 or something like the One Plus Two for around £290?

The G4 can be had from a few places at under £290 (and if you aren't in a rush, keep an eye out for the Vodafone deal at £225 that seems to be popping up every now and again) - I'd take the £30 saving and use your vouchers for something else!

Soldato
If you get the phone from Vodafone, will they simply sell it to me for £225 and away I go or will I need to sign up to a contract or PayG plan then cancel?

Also will I be able to request an unlock code straight away from them? Even if I don't activate or use the phone at any point with Vodfone?

I'm one of those people who are happy to pay a bit more for less hassle :o seems buying a sim free phone from an online retailer might be a bit less hassle :p

Soldato
You will need to start a payg plan, not sure if its a rolling one or not but I cancelled mine anyway, you will then need to get it unlocked, id just get a code of ebay rather than paying Vodafone to do it (probably £20?)

Associate
its less than that ....as it could be on any site and in states you can unlock code for as low as £3 :>
QUestion about the Vodaphone ....do I have to buy £10 credit or somehow I can get away with it ....not really need it :) but I know they probably will argue..

Soldato
If you buy on line, you have a pick an option about sim packages. One of the options is keep existing number (its at the bottom i think), that option is free.

I paid £5.50 before Christmas to unlock a vodafone mobile, through ebay.

Associate
I know online but £225 4 it is causing that is constantly out of stock - wheres when I go to a Vodaphone in she center they have it straight in stock but will probably demand £10 top-up .....ordered some free sims anyway so can always say that will top up later :p and have SIM

Associate
What's wrong with it?

Her, really. She had an N5 previously and it met cava... couldn't get her another N5 in suitable condition, so G4 it was.

She's used to stock Android and even the lightest of skins annoy her... I've got it as close to stock as I can without proper shenanigans, but every so often she'll get frustrated at something annoying (to her).

Me?, I think I'm happy with the N6P still and just try to keep myself calm when helping her understand her tech!

Soldato
She's used to stock Android and even the lightest of skins annoy her... I've got it as close to stock as I can without proper shenanigans, but every so often she'll get frustrated at something annoying (to her).

Unlock bootloader and stick a custom ROM on it. I'm running CandySix which is AOSP based and it's excellent.

Associate
Wanted to debrand my vodafone one, every time had the Current version is not avaiable for user. Can't find matched cust for NT-code mmc/mnc[], subset[] on boot.

Tried v20a KDZ and a few features were missing and the shutting button was odd.

Flashed back to a vodafone 10D KDZ and bridge or ota still aint prompting for an update.

Anyone with the Vodafone G4 could you tell me the software version you are on please?

Settings > General > About phone > Software info

Root and sort out your /cust folder. Stuck the O2 /cust folder down on my vodafone network unlocked G4, no Vodafone animations or software running. :>

Back
Top Bottom