**** Official LG G4 Discussion Thread ****

Associate
Can anyone provide a link to a recommended KDZ file please to debrand a Vodafone PAYG handset? There seems to be an overwhelming number of options!

Associate
Can anyone provide a link to a recommended KDZ file please to debrand a Vodafone PAYG handset? There seems to be an overwhelming number of options!

I did this to mine by accident trying to go back to stock, was a vodafone rom but only had boot splash, no apps, ill see if i can find it.

Associate
Associate
AVDFVK or AVDFLR. I put 4/5 generic uk KDZ on and they all worked but gave the annoying code error on boot.

Yes, I tried a UK generic last night and gave the same error on boot, which is why I wanted to see what everyone else was using. The message was similar to the below:

"Current version is not available for user. Can't find matched cust for NT-code mcc/mnc[12345],subset[ab]"

After digging around, it seems the only way to get rid of the message is to root your handset and then edit the following file using something like ES Note Editor:

/cust/cust_path_mapping.cfg

So, for example, using the above error notice, you would add this line to the end of your cust_path_mapping.cfg depending on whether you had a OPEN_COM or OPEN_EU folder within /cust:

12345,AB=/cust/OPEN_COM

OR

12345,AB=/cust/OPEN_EU

You would need to replace the "12345" and "AB" with whatever error warning you received on boot.

Last edited:
Associate
heh, I didnt want to root as the phone was about 2 hours old at this point and I kept getting the error, with this one there was zero vodafone bloat installed, just the splash and no error!

Associate
Agreed - haven't had time to figure out how to root mine either right now. Will continue to try other files to see if it an alternative version works instead.

Soldato
Just picked up my el cheapo Vodafone payg g4 :D put my three sim in and it doesn't come up with a screen to enter unlock code, despite it saying network locked on lock screen, any ideas?

Normally you just get a blank screen saying network locked or whatnot and forced to enter a unlock code afaik?

Forget that I found out :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom