** Official Mayhems Development Log **

Mayhems Biocide Extreme & PH test kit.

dscf9313.jpg

Hello, i've been using the mayhems X1 premix UV blood red for just over a month on my new watercooling setup and the colouring has turned from red to a dark purple colour, can anyone advise me on why this has happened and anything i can do to make it red again? I do have a spare bottle of the same stuff but don't want to risk changing the fluid and for it to go purple aswell.
Thanks.

Hello, i've been using the mayhems X1 premix UV blood red for just over a month on my new watercooling setup and the colouring has turned from red to a dark purple colour, can anyone advise me on why this has happened and anything i can do to make it red again? I do have a spare bottle of the same stuff but don't want to risk changing the fluid and for it to go purple aswell.
Thanks.

Did you flush you system properly. If you send me your Address (contact me on the left) ill send you out some PH test strips. if you PH levels have changed for some reason the red will disappear and leave you with blue (purple). Red is sensitive to PH change.

Mick

Hi there,

I am looking at getting your Ultra pure water and the biocide that are on ocuk and have a quick question.

I currently just have distilled water in there and its been in there quite sometime. So would you say get some more distilled water and put some biocide in that and run it through the system and then drain it and then put your pure water in with some biocide?

Also how much of your water should I get as I am only cooling the CPU and 1 GFX? I was going for 2l but is that enough?

I'll let Mick answer about your first question, but the quantity you need, has more to do with your WC parts. My guess (as long as you don't have a massive res you want to fill) is 1L will be enough.

I got a 1L bottle of Pastel coolant for my loop (CPU, GPU, SR1 rad, single bay res) and I still have some left over.

2 Ltr is normaly enough. (most systems take 1 Ltr) To flush if all you have been running is di water then just replace how ever if you had any thing else in there then you may need to flush the system before hand.

Thanks Mick.

I have only ever had di water in there so will just replace it with your water. Shame I have UV white tubing as I would have loved to try some of your coloured coolant :(

Oh and I have seen the extreme biocide you have been talking about on here but is this better or what's different to the stuff for sale on OCUK?

Last edited:
EX Biocide has taken many moths of work to create and is totally different from our old biocide. Not only does it help the PH of you liquids it has a descaler and biocides and a few other treats in it to keep your system healthy.

I cannot say what is it it fully as some of the chemicals we use we've been extremely quiet about so other don't copy us.

If im correct in think from there pic its the older biocide so im going to replace there stock with the new version. The old one didn't work as well with dyes as the new ones does. All so the newer one is much better at protecting the system and as said all so incorporates a scale inhibitor. We were supposed to be releasing the new test kits "Free of charge" this week how ever i was not happy with the cards and were having them re-done so they may take a little longer.

Back
Top Bottom