** Official Mayhems Development Log **

Finally after all the fafing about, 500 PH test strips gone missing in the post and loads of other rubbish. The PH test kits will be winging there way to re-sellers over the next few days. All Mayhems Biocide Extreme will come complete with a PH test kit as standard at no extra charge (yes you heard it right its FREE with the biocide extreme). We will all so be offering up a separate test kit for a small fee (no profit to be made from them) for any one who fancies getting one separate.

Mayhems test kit is a simple chart, PH test strip and instructions on how to use. They are good to use with any dyes and biocide and it only takes 1 second to test you system.

Yeh we do recommend you run pumps on max when using aurora. if not there will not be enough flow. What blacks slow down and restrict the slow of the liquid hence a good fast flow block helps a lot such as the DT 5NOZ.

Well now we all ready brought you the pastel range and slowly we've been working on a Active UV pastel range. This has taken a lot of testing and a lot of work to get it to actually show well. We have all ready brought out the UV white (wich is Blue under UV light) now we will show you the next UV active pastel colour ....

This pic isnt the best but here you go anyway.

pasteluvyellowgreen.png

Now in real life the yellow is no as bright as Pastel sunset yellow and has a slight tinge f green to it how ever when under UV light the green is what i would call a modest colour. Its not a in your face green but has a delicate subtle glow to it winch is very nice. This colour will take around about a month before it will be released or maybe sooner.

enjoy any way

UV colours are extremely hard to do with pastel as pastel is made to reflect and dismiss UV light so it takes a lot of messing to get them to work correctly and all so for them to be stable. I am working on a few others how versions it all takes time.

We only have limited test PCs and each liquid has to be tested over months and retested.

Is it possible to "boost" the UV glow of the Mayhems UV Blood Red fluid using the 10ml Mayhems Dye bottles. I have 4 x 12" UV cathodes and I'm underwhelmed at the glow which is produced so I was wondering if adding more of a certain UV reactive dye would be possible and would help.

Is it possible to "boost" the UV glow of the Mayhems UV Blood Red fluid using the 10ml Mayhems Dye bottles. I have 4 x 12" UV cathodes and I'm underwhelmed at the glow which is produced so I was wondering if adding more of a certain UV reactive dye would be possible and would help.

Yes you can boost Blood Red but air on the side of caution. To boost blood red you need UV Pink, UV Pink is the worst dye for staining your equipment.

Darker colours such as Blood Red absorb light were as UV colours such as UV pink reflect light and trying to balance them off is quite difficult.

Scrap cathodes and go for UV LED strips. Trust me, you'll see huge differences :)

Yes you can boost Blood Red but air on the side of caution. To boost blood red you need UV Pink, UV Pink is the worst dye for staining your equipment.

Darker colours such as Blood Red absorb light were as UV colours such as UV pink reflect light and trying to balance them off is quite difficult.

Thanks for the quick reply, I wouldn't want to increase staining so ill not be wanting to up the chances with the UV pink. I'm keeping the UV blood red in my system for a total of 6 months would I expect I see much staining in my EK HF Supreme EN Nickel Plexi water block and EK GTX580 EN Nickel Plexi blocks?

What would be the effect if I added some of the Clear UV blue dye to the UV blood red, would I get a purple glow? This dye would not increase staining since it is clear?

Scrap cathodes and go for UV LED strips. Trust me, you'll see huge differences :)

I was going to go with LEDs but the directional nature of which LEDs emit light made me go with the radial light emitting that cathodes offer, also they are cheap as chips in comparison to LED kits I've seen. Cathodes give me the option to just swap to different colours if I see fit in the future or mix and match also the in-line switches are a bonus. The cathodes I have install are lighting all the other UV reactive items without any problems, I think as mlwood37 said, the UV blood red is absorb the light rather than reflect it. From what i can see it glows but the fluid just goes from clear to what looks like slightly glowing tomato soup when under UV light. I have no doubt that the LEDs would be way brighter and probably last longer but cathodes give me more options.

@MNA24 UV clear blue and UV pink we have not realy tested in blood red..

If you realy want to play if best you do with in normal tap water and see what colors you come up with then move onto water cooling liquids.

@Carl_Bennetts Sorry no ETA yet.

There is no point asking to many questions as we cannot answer them just yet. this is a preview only and has taken over 8 months to get this far. we showed a early preview last year.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom