Official Mayhems Support post.

Soldato
Im about to make up some x1 concentrate and ive got a couple of questions.

How exact does the mix have to be? I was planning on buying a couple of litre bottled of halfords battery water taking about 125ml out of each and doing about half of the concentrate into each bottle will that work ok?

Secondly is the halford stuff any good or can better be bought?

Associate
OP
The mix on the battle is the minimum do not mix less than the stated amount (sorry for late answer i missed this post)

Halfords water is fine :) we've tested it.

Associate
OP
No keep to the amounts stated. 5 to 10% is the normal mix ratio the more X1 you use the better the protection but the less cooling ability of the fluid.

Last edited:
Sgarrista
Commissario
you can add more if you wish how ever we have tested to the amounts we stated :).

Well somehow ive managed to lose most of it after 2 weeks of use even after re-designing the loops to eliminate possible deadspots. I know its in there somewhere, just cant seem to find it :D

Soldato
left a message on the Mayhems site last week regarding the 480 radiators - no one has responded. Would like to know if you have any idea when they will be available to purchase and how much, please?

Mark

Associate
Last I heard a few samples were on the way via air mail but the rest were coming via sea so the bulk majority would be a good few weeks away still.

Sgarrista
Commissario
left a message on the Mayhems site last week regarding the 480 radiators - no one has responded. Would like to know if you have any idea when they will be available to purchase and how much, please?

Mark

I think they may have an issue with messages being sent on their site as I had the same problem (read a few posts above).

Associate
OP
Hi guys ive not been in work for seven days as i done my back in lifting an empty box lol.

For the rads we will have some stock with in the next two weeks and the rest are being sent via sea and will take 35 days it arrive.

Associate
I've got some Mayhems Red Pastel and Primochill Advanced tubing. Are these two ok to use with one another?
Also, does the pastel separate and clog water blocks at all. I would rather go X1 clear if there is ANY likelihood of this happening.

Associate
OP
Pastel does not separate unless you do some thing drastically wrong to make it separate. E.g leave acid in you system and pour concentrate pastel in to it cause an issue. We've had pastel in system now for well over 5 years with no issues what so ever. In fact if any thing it gets better over time ;).

If use any Alphacool radiators we strongly suggest people use our Mayhems Blitz Kit to clean there rads before using them.

Last edited:
Soldato
I agree alphas arnt great.

I cleaned mine with hot water and vinegar and distilled then ran a 24hr loop with distilled and the 2 gpu and cpu blocks too. After running pastel in the loop for 18 months the fluid was a very dark burnt orange colour and stank. Im hoping now its cleaned with a full week of running and draining over 5 liters of distilled that the x1 will survive a lot longer.

Question though it it because they are all copper rads so they oxidize over time?

Soldato
I still need to replace my red pastel after it separated in my nexxos rad. Not been in a rush as it still works fine, i plan to run 1 litre of tap water plus a tsp or 2 of bicarb of soda through it then rinse with distilled water then refill.

Soldato
Its gone an almost purple colour, when left for an hour or more i get a layer of transparent liquid on top of the milky liquid, like the dye has separated.
Im waiting until i next clean the whole pc before i replace it.

Associate
OP
Basically the rads have access solder and residue inside also the copper is of very low grade which part one of the mayhems blitz kit eats up, dissolves and cleans and then part 2 suspends all the remaining "crap" and remove's it out.

Once the rads are cleaned properly then they should be fine.

If you hit up the

http://youtu.be/SOR7SFYbcZ8 and http://youtu.be/d_IBHnUc3PM

you'll see the kit in action and a rad.

Soldato
Its gone an almost purple colour, when left for an hour or more i get a layer of transparent liquid on top of the milky liquid, like the dye has separated.
Im waiting until i next clean the whole pc before i replace it.

What colour was it originally? A certain amount of separation of the dye is normal with pastel products I believe when they havnt been used for a few days mine use to do the same in my res but soon mixed back up once the system was powered on. Not sure about the colour change though

Basically the rads have access solder and residue inside also the copper is of very low grade which part one of the mayhems blitz kit eats up, dissolves and cleans and then part 2 suspends all the remaining "crap" and remove's it out.

Once the rads are cleaned properly then they should be fine.

If you hit up the

http://youtu.be/SOR7SFYbcZ8 and http://youtu.be/d_IBHnUc3PM

you'll see the kit in action and a rad.

A little concerned by what you say about low grade copper. Is it a time bomb waiting to go off? Do you not recommend using alpha rads at all then?

Back
Top Bottom