Official Mayhems Support post.

Soldato
UV lighting up Pastel is a nightmare. It takes about 10x the amount of dye to do all so you need to dampen down the pastel effect. The pastel is made up of a UV blocker hence why it has such a long life span. This is why UV white pastel is so expensive due to amount of dye we use to make it.

Alls o Sunset yellow is not made up using the same mix as UV yellow green. Pastel sunset yellow is actually Just yellow that makes it stand out. Were as UV yellow green is not as bright.

So no go then.

Maybe an option would be to use Clear UV Hose?

Soldato
Erm no mate. Not off the carpet mate.

Is the staining blood red from you lass hitting you over the head with a hammer ....

Off worktops i use blench but i doubt you can do that on the carpet ...

Ah well, atleast I'm a bachelor! :D

That bit if carpet is going to be cut sn anyway but it was worth a try, thanks.

Also, I blame you craterloads, this was te res you sold me :p:D

Soldato
Hi Mick :)

I currently have a 7970 in bound, which when I come to fit will require the obvious drain etc..my question is, am I safe enough just to re-cycle my X1 and re-use once I'm re-built?

Soldato
That was a close call. Picked up one of the radiators lying around and to my horror, blue fluid was shooting out of it as I picked it up, i recoiled, but to my dismay, the recoiling only spread more of your fluid all over my lovely carpet:eek:

Thankfully, due to the previous spills I was ready. I had carpet cleaner at hand from trying to clean the old stains (still there :eek:) and plenty of tissues. I can gladly say, if you manage to spray carpet cleaner over the effected patch, there will be pretty much no discolouration to your carpets! :D

PS- I once dropped blue model paint all over the carpet. That came out much more easily than your dyes mick - well done :D:p

Associate
I have 2 bottled of pastel orange and they seem to be different intensity with one being a lot brighter and without checking and assuming they were the same checked it was fine and put one in my system which happened to be the worse one.

Which Dye would I need to get to bring out the brightness in the colour.

Thanks

Associate
OP
Hi there. The batches of the colour we make are quite small and there is all ways slight variances from one batch to another due to use use base chemicals. Its impossible to avoid this since every thing is hand made from the ground up but as we are growing the batches are becoming larger meaning you see this less often.

To adjust the colour of orange you can use red to darken it or yellow to lighten it.

Associate
Well it looks more like peach than orange so would I need to add both Red + Yellow to intensify the colour or if i can find the orange just use that?

If you check out my build log from my signature you can see what I mean.

Soldato
Quick question, I remember this being discussed before but I can't find the thread. I'm thinking of replacing my UV red with clear tubing and replacing my EC6 with the Pastel Red coolant. I remember reading comments about plasticiser leaching, which brands are safe and which should I avoid?

Back
Top Bottom