1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

**** Official Microsoft Flight Simulator Thread ****

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by lurkio, Jun 10, 2019.

1. no idea what

Sgarrista

That's it yeah. Looks pretty awesome.

2. Thesman106

Gangster

Oh blimey, I need to find my old flight stick, hasnt been used since the good ol' ms flight sim from a few years ago

3. McGraw

Wise Guy

Looking forward to getting my VKB gunfighter pro in use for this.

4. ghutchison14078

Wise Guy

:D:D

My Virgin Fibre M350 is getting installed tomorrow, perfect timing!

[​IMG]

5. Devrij

Capodecina

Jammy bugger! Let us know what you think

6. OverDrive

Gangster

I've registered as an insider, completed the survey and uploaded my DirectX diagnostic data. My PC is quite old, so not sure if it will be of interest. I am about to re-build around a Ryzen 3900X with a new GPU though. So happy that this sim is in development. I've been using P3D for a number of years.

7. OverDrive

Gangster

Yes! Looking forward to your feedback :)

8. jasonsony735

Wise Guy

Any idea on a release date ? Seems testing finishes at the end of Jan so we can expect a summer release ?

9. Bottle

Associate

No idea on release other than "2020".

What's been shown so far has been described as "pre-alpha" and sending that out to testers has been delayed by over a month so far due to an issue with compiling the latest build (we believe it's finally been sent out, at least in a phased manner). Once feedback is collected, acted upon and a new build compiled, it will go out to a second round of testing. Will it still be considered a pre-alpha, and alpha or a beta by then, who knows? Assuming a further round of fixing, recompiling, etc. happens and then another round of testing. Then there's the final touch ups, regionalising, preparing for distribution, marketing wind-up, etc. It will likely all take quite some time, hence they've not specified a half or quarter for 2020. The only thing in its favour is that it's supported by Microsoft, but then again there are a number of cross department dependencies (Bing maps, Azure AI and distribution, Asobo, etc.).

So if you expect it to be released right at the squeeky end of 2020 and it comes earlier, we can all be pleasantly surprised.

10. ghutchison14078

Wise Guy

No idea on final release dates; Tech Alpha still not released to testers yet.

11. ghutchison14078

Wise Guy

Here we go..........

[​IMG]

12. picnic

Wise Guy

Looking forward to hearing how you get on. Got my fingers crossed I'll make Alpha 2 having been rejected for this first one.

13. Malevolence

Capodecina

Good God! Wonder what it looks like without Twitter's compression? :eek:

14. Mr_Sukebe

Man of Honour

Just wow at that.
    All the same, not sure that I can go back to flying on a monitor after 4 years in VR.

15. TNA

Capodecina

That is just on another level. Can’t wait for the final release. You guys thing 16gb RAM will be enough?

16. Mr_Sukebe

Man of Honour

My instinctive reaction would be "probably not". However, as I understand it, it will also be available for the next generation Xbox, so they might well have included a focus on minimising system resource usage.

17. Devrij

Capodecina

VR support is on their road map. Makes you wonder why they didn't include it in the first place (too resource hungry to drive VR?)

18. Mr_Sukebe

Man of Honour

Probably the Xbox mindset, i.e. why they didn't release a competitor to the PSVR. Clearly something of an oversight.
    It'll be interesting to understand their genuine expectation of release date for VR support and updated system requirements to run it.

19. sgavan

Wise Guy

Apparently this is coming to the game pass next year as well

20. Zeeflyboy

Hitman

Yeah it's game pass at launch from my understanding.

Looks blooming fantastic, been following along since the reveal... Can't wait to get stuck in with it!

Very happy that they are looking to add VR support after the outcry but it's going to be a GPU melter in VR for sure! Seems like a good excuse for big navi/3080Ti next year ;)

Re the ram I've read that 16gb is fine but they do recommend 32gb to the current testers. The preview machines have all been running 2080Tis and 32gb ram (can't remember CPU but probably 9900k given the rest of the hardware).