**** Official Microsoft Flight Simulator Thread ****

Soldato
VR support is on their road map. Makes you wonder why they didn't include it in the first place (too resource hungry to drive VR?)

MS doesn't seem overly interested in VR in general since they more or less left the WMR stuff to rot, and given this is a Microsoft Studio and targeting the Xbox as well as PC I just think VR support isn't (well, wasn't) on their agenda.... oh how I would kill for proper VR support in Forza horizon 4! It was only after a big outcry from PCVR users basically flooding them with "no VR no buy" that they even realised there is a decent demand for it I think. Odd given that all major flight sims have pretty decent VR implementations these days, but there you go...

Soldato
Discussing the possible business model for this over at Flightsim dot com.

Sincerely hope not going to be some sort of P2P or subscription model to access that streaming scenery.

Soldato
First non combat sim I played was Thalion's Airbus A320 on the Amiga. Had slightly better graphics than shown above but still essentially a flat green landscape peppered with very basic airports.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
According to MSI afterburner my 2080Ti was sitting around 80% and 5.5Gb on the VRAM, cpu utilisation in task manager was around 65%, with the core 0 pretty much maxed.

What's a strong positive from my experience so far is that weather doesn't effect performance, at all.

Clear skies or heavily overcast with multiple cloud layers, fps doesn't change. And the clouds are true volumetric.
How about RAM usage? Does it ever go above 16gb? I am guessing no.

So do you think a lot of stuff we see is processed and streamed over?

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Ah ****. I really wanted to avoid going over 16gb for a few years until my next upgrade. How much does it use exactly? I may still get away with 16gb until then. I mean the game won't be out probably until towards the end of the year anyways. So I can just make do with 16gb for a year or so after that and then go 32gb after.

Soldato
That sounds very positive. Interesting on the maxed out core zero. That doesn't bode well for us AMD users if it ends up being single core performance bound

Back
Top Bottom