**** Official Microsoft Flight Simulator Thread ****

Associate
Landing speeds are so slow that you shouldn't need to use the brakes. Especially on unsurfaced runways which slow it down a lot quicker than paved ones.

I found it tended to nose over if the brakes were applied hard, but that could be avoided with modulation. Are you braking with an axis or keyboard/button? If the latter, quick taps might be safer than holding it down.

Soldato
Anyone got any knobs? :D

I'd like to get some hardware knobs for heading/altitude/MFD controls etc. Controlling them with mouse is a pain in the butt...

Associate
Just tried "driving" around by pressing insert and using drone mode down at road height, totally surreal and almost a game in its own right.

Looks like a post apocalyptic wasteland in some areas, was amazed see some buildings with blocky but readable signage. Some buildings are fairly detailed right up close. Can see houses with lights shining like TV through the windows. Well worth trying out to see an area in more detail.

Soldato
Anyone got any knobs? :D

I'd like to get some hardware knobs for heading/altitude/MFD controls etc. Controlling them with mouse is a pain in the butt...

Quoting myself...just ordered the Logitech autopilot panel. Doesn't work out of the box at the moment so I'll need to write some code...

Associate
Quoting myself...just ordered the Logitech autopilot panel. Doesn't work out of the box at the moment so I'll need to write some code...

If you figure something out please let me know. My switch panel just sits there looking fat dumb and not happy. Lol

Associate
Loving this with FSEconomy , might try OnAir soon too .

OnAir’s servers are being crushed by the uptick in traffic. I am loving it when it works though. It’s really really addictive to play when the flights have a purpose.

My trial runs out in two days but I might not pay for it if I have to wait 30 seconds for each page to load (as I have had this evening).

Soldato
Tried the patagonia bush trip three times now, and each time when I've landed (think its the xcub?), the plane has tipped forward on the runway and crashed! Maybe I shouldn't be using the brakes?

Try modulating the brakes (are you using pedals?) and use back stick as you apply the brakes to help keep from nosing over. The X-Cub can touch down very slowly so make sure you aren’t landing too fast either.

Soldato
Try modulating the brakes (are you using pedals?) and use back stick as you apply the brakes to help keep from nosing over. The X-Cub can touch down very slowly so make sure you aren’t landing too fast either.

Thanks. No pedals, am using a X56 though, I've got the default brake mapping which is a button on the joystick. I'll maybe let it coast before applying any brakes!

Another question - I want to map the 2 rotary controls on the X56 throttle to the altitude and the heading (in the A320 for example). Anyone know which controls in the game I need to map?

Associate
I can't even play in world map now with a mouse, soon has I press a mouse button, it will just drop my FPS to 10, only happens in world map, since the update, if I press the windows key everything goes back to normal as it's running in the background, click back on drops again :(

Back
Top Bottom