**** Official Microsoft Flight Simulator Thread ****

Caporegime
I have the Fenix A320, PMDG 737-600 and 800 as well as Concorde and the original CRJ package (Off the top of my head that's about £250) and 25ish Airports :cry::cry:

Which Concorde do you have? - is it the D.C. Designs one I got from Just Flight (which is very good imo) or a different one that I’m not aware of? :)

Associate
Does this disable the in game ATC when using vatsim?
I have the in game ATC permanently disabled as it's not realistic. But to answer your question, you'd need to disable in game ATC before connecting to the network. You'd also need to disable live traffic and that other setting which shows you other players in the game (I forget exactly what it's called). Again, I have these both permanently disabled.

Soldato
Which Concorde do you have? - is it the D.C. Designs one I got from Just Flight (which is very good imo) or a different one that I’m not aware of? :)
DC Designs when it first come out I got it.

Admittedly, I want to fly it a bit more but always end up getting into the 738 or the 320 :cry:

Looking forward to see what the A330 from Aerosoft comes up with and the FBW 38X is looking immense. Long haul A/C is now what the sim is lacking I think!

Last edited:
Soldato
Does this disable the in game ATC when using vatsim?
Would advise disabling any AI/Static Traffic and ATC in game when using Vatsim.

Admittedly, especially at places like EGPH when I control the amount of people that come back to me saying that Stand 6 and one of the others on the parking area is occupied is normally because of either Static or AI Traffic being on.

Associate
There are now thousands of mods for 2020 and many better than any you'll find on P3D. Have a look at flightsim.to. This is (was) the go to place to get freeware addons but there's some shenanigans going on over there at the moment related to premium membership and ownership of uploads so some major players have pulled out.

Soldato
New member here, and I will get this for my forthcoming pc but how does this compare to P3D?

P3D may not have the same graphics but seems to have better mods?
Since moving from P3Dv4 to MSFS I've not looked back to be honest. I had plenty of addons with P3D (PMDG 737, 777, REX ORBX etc) so was a bit daunting to swap over to a completely vanilla sim (about a year after MSFS was released).

Now is a great time to switch. We've got some excellent third party addons and there's enough variety already to pretty much satisfy all your needs. The only good long hauler is the Asobo (INI Simulations A310) which is a free addon but but some mods are available for the 787 and 747 that make them just about acceptable. Modding community has really stepped up with MSFS. The quality of some addons are payware quality.

Performance is good too. The Fenix A320 is probably the most demanding aircraft on system resources but can still just about hold 25-30fps in a busy third party airport and traffic.

Associate
Hmm, some extensions I fancy like SLC (Self Loading Cargo) is not on FS2020. One company is doing an A380 plane for the sim, but PMDG and QualityWings haven't released anything? (actually PMDG have, but not the 777/747 I think).

Soldato
Hmm, some extensions I fancy like SLC (Self Loading Cargo) is not on FS2020. One company is doing an A380 plane for the sim, but PMDG and QualityWings haven't released anything? (actually PMDG have, but not the 777/747 I think).
SLC is available for MSFS, been using it pretty much since the game came around!

777 is next now they've got the 737NG out in full.

Last edited:
Soldato
Hi all. Ive been trying to get my settings dialled in on MSFS last couple of days, and whatever I seem to do, the game runs at 33-36 fps. (unless i do something silly like setting the super resolution higher).

Im on Oculus Quest 2 with 3070.

Ive followed youtube guides and downloaded openXR toolkit. This doesn't seem to do much over and above setting DLSS in MSFS itself.

And setting DLSS in MSFS, I can see a visual degradation between quality and performance, but it makes no difference to the framerate which appears to be locked at 36 max. Is this something to do with frame reprojection (but Ive tried to disable all these settings so not sure what ive missed).

Using DLSS seems better than using TAA.

And I can seemingly run the game on high settings with this hardware, and I still get 36 fps ish.

Edit - i changed the refresh rate in Oculus software to 80, and now Im getting 40fps in game, so exactly half of what the main refresh rate is set to. Im still using DLSS quality mode, with most settings set to high. Its smooth at 40fps the only time I notice stuttering is when I get lower and look down at the terrain, then it seems to get a bit jerky.

Last edited:
Associate
I find the only thing that truly effects performance in a big way is terrain lod

Have that always on 100 and game runs mint even in places with intense photogrammetry like New York.

As soon as you crank it to 200 or above it tanks even the most beastly of PCs in places like NY

Soldato
I'm seeing some strange terrain effects like for example trees sticking out the tops of buildings or buildings with one side missing so they look hollow. GPU vram isn't maxing out so can't be that.

The framerate doesn't seem to be an issue, the game appears smooth except if I'm flying low and I look down at the ground, then it's a bit jerky.

Associate
I'm seeing some strange terrain effects like for example trees sticking out the tops of buildings or buildings with one side missing so they look hollow. GPU vram isn't maxing out so can't be that.

The framerate doesn't seem to be an issue, the game appears smooth except if I'm flying low and I look down at the ground, then it's a bit jerky.

Post a screenshot, you need good internet connection to stream photogrammetry well. Photogrammetry also has various isses like you mention with tree's coming through buildings etc

Soldato
Post a screenshot, you need good internet connection to stream photogrammetry well. Photogrammetry also has various isses like you mention with tree's coming through buildings etc

Bit tricky, in vr, screenshot doesn't do it justice and it's more of an effect I'm seeing when in motion rather than static. It's not terrible, just noticeable.

I've set terrain caching to high, on a 5ghz WiFi virgin broadband connection and running game off an SSD.

Back
Top Bottom