**Official MikroTik Hardware **

Associate
What's new in 7.9rc3 (2023-Apr-12 15:53):

Changes in this release:

*) tools - fixed "ip-scan" (introduced in v7.9beta4);
*) user-manager - fixed process startup after booting (introduced in v7.9beta4);

Associate
My Quest is over...

Code:
Name                   : WiFi
    Description            : Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6E AX210 160MHz
    GUID                   :
    Physical address       :
    Interface type         : Primary
    State                  : connected
    SSID                   : 
    BSSID                  :
    Network type           : Infrastructure
    Radio type             : 802.11ax
    Authentication         : WPA3-Personal  (H2E)
    Cipher                 : CCMP
    Connection mode        : Profile
    Band                   : 5 GHz
    Channel                : 100
    Receive rate (Mbps)    : 1201
    Transmit rate (Mbps)   : 1201
    Signal                 : 90%
    Profile                : MikroTik-5G-cAP-AX

Name                   : WiFi
    Description            : Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6E AX210 160MHz
    GUID                   :
    Physical address       :
    Interface type         : Primary
    State                  : connected
    SSID                   :
    BSSID                  :
    Network type           : Infrastructure
    Radio type             : 802.11ax
    Authentication         : WPA3-Personal  (H2E)
    Cipher                 : CCMP
    Connection mode        : Profile
    Band                   : 2.4 GHz
    Channel                : 1
    Receive rate (Mbps)    : 574
    Transmit rate (Mbps)   : 574
    Signal                 : 99%
    Profile                : MikroTik-5G-cAP-AX

Last edited:
Associate
Nothing bad to report from the new cAP-ax, chucked about 40GB through it, nice and strong at 3mtr distance 5G 350M/350M 4 threads. The speedtester was running on the cAP.

Last edited:
Associate
Impressed with the RB5009 so far, coming from a mainly Cisco and Aruba OS/CX background the cli is taking some getting used to. Functionality-wise, the ability to run containers is excellent. Had an issue updating to 7.8, broke all my containers so have rolled back to 7.7.

Soldato
OP
Impressed with the RB5009 so far, coming from a mainly Cisco and Aruba OS/CX background the cli is taking some getting used to. Functionality-wise, the ability to run containers is excellent. Had an issue updating to 7.8, broke all my containers so have rolled back to 7.7.
The containers in my rb5009 stopped working and so i gave up on that feature. All i wanted to run was pinhole and unify controller container

Associate

Glad to see someone is getting some good use from their RB5009 thats my next purchase (POE version) depending if we get fibre any time soon. Have you tried the SPF port ?
Any feedback on that would be great.

Associate
Glad to see someone is getting some good use from their RB5009 thats my next purchase (POE version) depending if we get fibre any time soon. Have you tried the SPF port ?
Any feedback on that would be great.
I have the PoE version, tried a couple of sfp's I had in my bag for work - HP/Aruba single mode and multimode but no dice. PoE also powering a couple of Aruba Ap's but older AP305's

Edit - just tried another I had hanging around and detected, but this is sfp to ethernet
interface ethernet monitor sfp-sfpplus1
name: sfp-sfpplus1
auto-negotiation: done
advertising:
link-partner-advertising:
sfp-module-present: yes
sfp-rx-loss: no
sfp-tx-fault: no
sfp-type: SFP-or-SFP+
sfp-connector-type: RJ45
sfp-link-length-copper-active-om4: 100m
sfp-vendor-name: DELTA
sfp-vendor-part-number: LCP-1250RJ3SR-HV
sfp-vendor-revision: 0000
sfp-vendor-serial: CN95KK24Y2
sfp-manufacturing-date: 19-05-27
eeprom-checksum: good

Last edited:
Associate
So I assume if I bought a Mikrotik Fibre to sfp/+ or Ethernet to sfp/+ that it would/should work perfectly fine. Also how common is it for assorted sfp brands not to work across different platforms.

Last edited:
Associate
MikroTik devices work with a wide range of sfp transceivers.

@$anch3z what docker containers are you running?
I see people moaning about port flapping etc.. but it always seems to be a zin-zap version or whatever hence why I asked the question. Knowing this stuff moving forward would be a great saver and advantage as speeds and needs get faster and faster.

Soldato
OP
I see people moaning about port flapping etc.. but it always seems to be a zin-zap version or whatever hence why I asked the question. Knowing this stuff moving forward would be a great saver and advantage as speeds and needs get faster and faster.
There's a tech channel called home to serve I think and they did a series of tests on different sfp transceivers and 9/10 of the ones they tested work

Caporegime
LR optics usually have elevated power and cooling requirements, equipment that can deal with them will mention it.

Edit: Ignore me, I'm thinking of ER and ZR.

Last edited:
Associate
Nothing bad to report from the new cAP-ax, chucked about 40GB through it, nice and strong at 3mtr distance 5G 350M/350M 4 threads. The speedtester was running on the cAP.

Just an observation, when I tested the above the device was sitting about 3 meters away on a chair in a vertical position under load the cpu is showing 52c.
A few days later now it's all fitted to the ceilling the temp is sitting at around 59c idle, I assume thats just heat soak in it's natural position shown below.
Didn't want to give the wrong impression.

Back
Top Bottom