**Official MikroTik Hardware **

Soldato
OK. Can you please state how your network is configured and exactly which Mikrotik units you have.

ISP > BT router > Main router (huawei ax3) > mikrotik unit 1 - - - - - - mikrotik unit 2 > huawei ax3 mesh node in office.

There are other mesh nodes in the house, all working fine.

> is wired ethernet, - - - - is the 60ghz wireless beam

BT router is set to WiFi off but can't do modem only mode. Now I know I then have two routers handling DHCP but the double NAT has never given me any issues. Like I said above, maybe it needs some settling in for each mesh node to decide what's what, but that isn't the problem here. I simply have no ethernet coming out of mikrotik unit 2.

Soldato

ISP > BT router > Main router (huawei ax3) > mikrotik unit 1 - - - - - - mikrotik unit 2 > huawei ax3 mesh node in office.

There are other mesh nodes in the house, all working fine.

> is wired ethernet, - - - - is the 60ghz wireless beam

BT router is set to WiFi off but can't do modem only mode. Now I know I then have two routers handling DHCP but the double NAT has never given me any issues. Like I said above, maybe it needs some settling in for each mesh node to decide what's what, but that isn't the problem here. I simply have no ethernet coming out of mikrotik unit 2.
What actually is your computer's IP address - the one you are trying to use in the office?

Soldato
So have you plugged the computer into the cable that is currently going into the AX3 mesh node? The one from the Wireless Wire unit?
I posted my normal setup above, for troubleshooting I've tried plugging the ethernet from mikrotik unit 2 directly into my pc.

That one that showed 192.168.175.x earlier must have been when I was connected in via the mesh node.

Last edited:
Soldato
I posted my normal setup above, for troubleshooting I've tried plugging the ethernet from mikrotik unit 2 directly into my pc.

That one that showed 192.168.175.x earlier must have been when I was connected in via the mesh node.

Sorry if I'm being stupid but what IP address do you have when the computer is directly connected to the WW unit? There are no master/slave units - they are just ends of the connection. They both have the same IP address of 192.168.88.1 if you plug into the ethernet port directly.

Soldato
Sorry if I'm being stupid but what IP address do you have when the computer is directly connected to the WW unit? There are no master/slave units - they are just ends of the connection. They both have the same IP address of 192.168.88.1 if you plug into the ethernet port directly.
They do say master and slave on the label inside, but I'll take your word for it.

I said above that when I connect directly via ethernet between pc and ww, it shows no ip address.

NB the ww is powered by poe injected into the same ethernet cable. Yes the poe is on.

Last edited:
Soldato
It sounds suspiciously like it's working and the issue is something else. You didn't move them out of alignment or anything?
No, clear line of sight between the two.

Now got winbox installed, tried connecting to 192.168.88.3 which is the WW ip, and put in user and pword as on the label of the unit but won't connect. This is while I have direct ethernet connection to the WW unit and the ethernet light on unit is green.

Ah OK, 192.168.88.3 has just showed up in neighbours. I was expecting the unit the other side of the wireless link to show in neighbours?

Back
Top Bottom