**Official MSI Z77 Mpower Discussion Thread**

i heard the msi boards need more voltage etc to the other boards

Core i7 3770K to 4.8 GHz on the MSI Z77A-GD65. On both the ASUS P8Z77-V Deluxe and the BIOSTAR TZ77XE4 we were able to hit 4.8GHz at 1.35 Volts. We had to set the CPU vCore to 1.4 Volts on the MSI Z77A-GD65

correct?

what sort of power saving does it have

really am stuck to what to pick
MSI Z77A-GD65 Intel Z77
Asus P8Z77-V PRO Intel Z77

do the msi boards have any network bandwidth prioritized features

going towards the asus board as it has more features but the msi is better looking!

Last edited:
i heard the msi boards need more voltage etc to the other boards

Core i7 3770K to 4.8 GHz on the MSI Z77A-GD65. On both the ASUS P8Z77-V Deluxe and the BIOSTAR TZ77XE4 we were able to hit 4.8GHz at 1.35 Volts. We had to set the CPU vCore to 1.4 Volts on the MSI Z77A-GD65

correct?

what sort of power saving does it have

really am stuck to what to pick
MSI Z77A-GD65 Intel Z77
Asus P8Z77-V PRO Intel Z77

do the msi boards have any network bandwidth prioritized features

going towards the asus board as it has more features but the msi is better looking!

I owned the Asus Pro board for a bit.
Your bandwidth will usually plug up at isp level 1st before issue with NIC

Last edited:
Hi Guys,

Just got my board :D... Need to update the bios, want to do it via the m-flash method... not sure what file needs to be pasted onto the usb?

A small walkthrough would be nice :cool:

Thanks in advance!

Hi Guys,

Just got my board :D... Need to update the bios, want to do it via the m-flash method... not sure what file needs to be pasted onto the usb?

A small walkthrough would be nice :cool:

Thanks in advance!

Use the msi forum bios flash tool instead
bit of reading but much safer
need a good usb stick
join, Log into the forum to dl'd the tool

http://forum-en.msi.com/index.php?topic=119375.0

Updated first page.

New beta BIOS came out a few days ago also. This will be newer than the official 17.5 BIOS.
NOTE: Make sure you unplug your PSU from A/C power and properly >>Clear CMOS Guide<< after flashing.

WARNING:- DO NOT USE THE WINDOWS MSI LIVE UPDATE 5 METHOD TO UPDATE YOUR BIOS, HIGH RISK OF BIOS FAILIURE!

Latest Beta BIOS >> BIOS ID: H64

Previous Beta BIOS >> BIOS ID: H62

Please note that flashing this release occurs entirely at your own risk!
>>Use the MSI HQ Forum USB flasher<<, Method II for best results.
Do NOT use the BIOS/UEFI integrated M-Flash Routine.

>>Alternative Method BIOS flashing/update using an USB Flash Drive<< Latest version of HP USB Disk Storage Format Tool 2.2.3 >> Click Here

E7751IMS.H62 ==> E7751IMS.H64
  1. Fix WIN7 64 Bit OS S4 resume fail issue when BIOS Setup install password and password check set boot mode.
  2. Add "Hardware Prefetcher" item and "Adjacent Cache Line Prefetch" item in CPU Features group.
  3. Add the usb setup item and usbpolicyprotocol to enable or disable the usb mass storage driver.
  4. Fix USB mouse cannot be use under UEFI bios setup issue if you plug the mouse after booting up the system.
  5. Add to switch T1,T2 orT3 Mode To Thermistor for fintek.
  6. Modify BIOS Setup USB Support item.
  7. Add VGA hot-plug solution.
  8. Fix the issue that hot plug usb device will clear screeen when cpu memory changed OR oc fail message appear.
  9. Fix 'OC Retry Count' Function issue for BCLK OC.
  10. Fix VGA N650-1GB5(V280-05S & V280-10S) hang issue.
  11. Patch Fast Boot "SATA Device Support" disable function fail.
  12. Release Date: 21st December 2012
E7751IMS.H61 ==> E7751IMS.H62
  1. Fix ps2 keyboard can't use in os when msi fast boot enabled.
  2. Fix some pcie card no display in win8 os.
  3. Add item "tREFI"
  4. Fix timing "tRRSR" error when it is auto
  5. Release Date: 4th December 2012
DISCLAIMER:
MSI will not be held responsible or liable for any damage made with using a BETA BIOS.
Please proceed with discretion and do not attempt to use unless you know what you are doing!

Also new utility/driver updates.

Utility
Drivers

• Atheros Bluetooth Driver v8.0.0.214 *NEW* >> Click Here
  • Realtek PCI-E Ethernet Driver v7.065 *NEW* >> Click Here

Hello,

Thanks for this thread !

This MB is awesome except for the 6 USB 3.0 who is desactivated sometimes after the boot (at least with windows 8 pro 64 bits) - even with the firmware 2.0.2.0 and last drivers. (I have Official bios 17.5)

Will you add a section with windows 8 drivers ?

For now, I have my I7 3770K @4.7Ghz with 1.26V and it's stable, past prime95 2.7.9 with a test of 24h and 4h of IBT 2.5.4. (0 error on the windows logs)

Max temp is ~80° after 4h of IBT when the ambient T° is at 26.5°. Otherwise, ~72° max :)

Well what a lovely expereince so far this board has been. A pleasure to build, tons of features, a very swift boot speed and a really friendly BIOS interface

The very clever OC Genie currently has my machine running at 4.2Ghz with it idling @ ~37° and under Prime 95 conditions it peaked out at 69° (Kuhler 620 in push/pull with Corsair SP120's).

So far, very very happy. I take it its not worth flashing the bios if I have no problems with the current one? or is it always bestto put the newest available on it?

Hi everyone, I have purchased this motherboard recently and have some questions that hopefully you can help me with. Im a complete noob :) so sorry if it sounds stupid but I would like to run this awesome board correctly.

1) Looking at the motherboard there is a power connection right next to the main power connector, looking at the litreature this is extra power for the graphics slots. Is this correct and should i be using this with my single MSI HD7970 Lightning boost card?

2) looking over the very informative forum posts about this board, should I be updating my bios with the latest beta or waiting on the official bios update coming through?

3) I have a intel i5 3770K chip and have used the oc genie which runs it at 4.2 ghz, is there anything I should be looking at to make sure it has the correct volts etc?

As I said im a noob and sorry again if it sounds stupid but I really want to run this motherboard correctly.

Hi everyone, I have purchased this motherboard recently and have some questions that hopefully you can help me with. Im a complete noob :) so sorry if it sounds stupid but I would like to run this awesome board correctly.

1) Looking at the motherboard there is a power connection right next to the main power connector, looking at the litreature this is extra power for the graphics slots. Is this correct and should i be using this with my single MSI HD7970 Lightning boost card?

2) looking over the very informative forum posts about this board, should I be updating my bios with the latest beta or waiting on the official bios update coming through?

3) I have a intel i5 3770K chip and have used the oc genie which runs it at 4.2 ghz, is there anything I should be looking at to make sure it has the correct volts etc?

As I said im a noob and sorry again if it sounds stupid but I really want to run this motherboard correctly.

Try with out the connection for graphics card see what it does.

Its up to y ,individual about using betas or final bios.

I used to do them right up beta or not but now I wait till final

YMMV

Also I don't m flash, use msi forum flash tool safer.

Best to do all(as many as practible mb settings in manual if y can for generally better oc.

In fact mine came with some suggested setting for the 3770 methinks on a paper somewhere

Got mine this morning!

Looks great, and I can't wait to get it installed in my system :D

8316889817_239f8ed932.jpg

Sorry for the naff picture!

Make sure you get it updated, to the latest official bios to be safe. I'm having a few problems with the 2 latest beta's.
Anyone else having bios lockups with the latest beta??

No I was chicken:o to go to those newest betas still have 17.5, last final
don't know why I didn't......... just held back.:)
Locks up at start just before windows loads or while in bios before exiting to boot windows

locks up actually in the bios, after a failed overclock, trying to alter some values, get possibly a few seconds before it locks and didnt want to clear cmos.
have just installed another 8gb of ram also but at a modest OC everything is fine.
Never had the bios lock up before some i'm presuming the beta isn't upto scratch

Back
Top Bottom