**Official MSI Z77 Mpower Discussion Thread**

locks up actually in the bios, after a failed overclock, trying to alter some values, get possibly a few seconds before it locks and didnt want to clear cmos.
have just installed another 8gb of ram also but at a modest OC everything is fine.
Never had the bios lock up before some i'm presuming the beta isn't upto scratch

Most likely thats the issue to bad on that they've, Betas been not bad up till now

Hi everyone and a Happy New Year to all

Currently waiting on my watercooling kit to arrive, im running this board with my intel i5 3750K chip and using the overclocking genie @ 4.2 stable and under 37deg. I was looking to push the overclock a bit further and was wondering if anyone with this board has been past 4.4Ghz.

If anyone else has pushed past the 4.4Ghz would it be possible to share there settings in the bios. To be honest I tried asking on the msi forums but came up against a bit of a problem with attitude on there side :)

Hi everyone and a Happy New Year to all

Currently waiting on my watercooling kit to arrive, im running this board with my intel i5 3750K chip and using the overclocking genie @ 4.2 stable and under 37deg. I was looking to push the overclock a bit further and was wondering if anyone with this board has been past 4.4Ghz.

If anyone else has pushed past the 4.4Ghz would it be possible to share there settings in the bios. To be honest I tried asking on the msi forums but came up against a bit of a problem with attitude on there side :)

i'll try and post some screens later, removing all xmas decs at mo :(

for now though, start cpuz and put cpu under full load, and see what volts its using(presuming its on auto), now go into bios manually change volts to what was in cpuz, now up the multi by 1 and run stabillity test(prime/IBT) iusually run IBT first as its quicker, if it passes up the multi again.

Last edited:
Many thanks for that and your a star, when the cooling kit arrives (thurs :)) and once it is in and tested I will see what I can produce.

heres what settings i use and this is with power savings on, if you have a good low volt chip you should be able to lower the vdroop %
this is for 4.523GHz and mem set to xmp

4523_zpsbe3a8dbc.jpg

1_00_zps205eea2b.png

2-1_zps09c4b39a.png

3_zps9709c404.png

4_zps813a01d1.png

All the core ratio limits are set to 45

I installed Windows 8 Pro but forgot to switch IDE to AHCI on the BIOS, does anyone know if this will affect it if I switch back?

Google is y friend look for ide to ahci and there is reg hack for win7 but see bout 8
have newest ahci driver onboard
edit some there for win 8

Last edited:
I have a strange issue where I can select CPU ratios and CPU voltages in the windows click bios, but in the Normal bios I can't, I click on the auto icon to pull up the ratios and nothing?

does anyone run the oc genie all the time?

if i did, would it mess anything up, or cause things to fail more?

i have got a good cpu cooler

thanks
ian

dont run it, but i have and its a very moderate OC, if your happy with the speed then i would suggest overclock it yourself manually and you WILL achieve lower voltages and less heat ;)

but to answer your question, no it will not mess anything up.

Back
Top Bottom