***Official North Yorkshire Moors Meet 2 thread**

I'm going to have to be on the maybe list for now, I play football every Sunday atm but I'll see how it goes.

Hopefully weather will be good, either way I think a slightly less enthusiastic drive will be taken.

Wow, what happened at the MM? Can't say we've ever had anything but sensible driving at the Southern Meets, with the notable exception of Phate obviously.

Edit: OMG :eek:

Last edited:
TBH, I'm not comfortable speeding though towns like has happened at some meets. I consistently loose the convoy by stopping at lights.

The trick seems to be to follow someone with a lot of common sense, and GPS, which usually means L0rdMike.

Put me down as a strong maybe :)

PS Pete would you really say there was any "bad" driving on sunday (bar Darryn's obviously :p) I think it was quite a sensible meet generally!

I was driving too fast trying to keep up with the convoy if that counts:p

I drove home like a granddad, thats for sure. Took about 90 mins over woodhead pass, took in some nice views:)

Some people feel the need to show off at meets - its not neccesary and usually wheelspinning out of the carpark on the rev limiter at 3 times the speed limit only has those left behind commenting on what a **** you look like.

TBH, I'm not comfortable speeding though towns like has happened at some meets. I consistently loose the convoy by stopping at lights.

The trick seems to be to follow someone with a lot of common sense, and GPS, which usually means L0rdMike.

The two MMs and North Yorks meet I've been on didn't involve any non NSL wiz taking.

With the low numbers it's not so bad. I go on the Type-R meets which can involve up to 30 cars and they go into great detail in organising the best roads and the best structure. Everyone is split down into groups of 4/5 and the lead car of each group is always someone the organiser(s) deem trustworthy or sensible. You're not permitted to overtake said car and you must adhere to all red circled limits and double solid lines. To top it off you get a nice set of notes of the route and any potential hazards noted.

Anyone who doesn't adhere to that gets told to get lost. So far there has only been one incedent and that was the 10 pence short which we should have all heard about by now. That was the only time they mixed between two groups of organisers meets and could possibly have been part of the cause, but in the end it's all down to the individual. Someone should be there to say to someone if they're not happy with how they're behaving on and off the road however.

Back
Top Bottom