***Official North Yorkshire Moors Meet 2 thread**

TBH, I'm not comfortable speeding though towns like has happened at some meets. I consistently loose the convoy by stopping at lights.

The trick seems to be to follow someone with a lot of common sense, and GPS, which usually means L0rdMike.

Agreed, a bit of courtesy/common sense is required when convoying, especially with larger groups (more than 4-5 cars) as it's so easy to lose people at junctions, lights etc, so that doesn't mean nailing it out of a junction into a gap only big enough for one car ;)

I 'might' come, although looking at those roads from Pete's ST220, trying to drive my XJ down those fast would be ...tricky, the suspension would have a fit the way the road rises and falls so quickly.

I 'might' come, although looking at those roads from Pete's ST220, trying to drive my XJ down those fast would be ...tricky, the suspension would have a fit the way the road rises and falls so quickly.

There's no pressure to drive quickly and people can only go so fast anyway. Wez and the guys know the area well so they can give prior directions if you're that worried and just tootle along at the back.

You're selling?!? Nooo, sell it to Darryn so I can have a passenger ride :p

I should have asked last time.

He can buy it if he wants. A bit of a step up from the EP3 in terms of handling, but down on power, you have to "work harder" to make it go as fast.

You should have asked for a ride!

I think I'm going to be an epic fail as my GF gets home from travelling that week and I'm therefore looking at going to Yorkshire at the end of the month instead of the beginning :(

Agreed, a bit of courtesy/common sense is required when convoying, especially with larger groups (more than 4-5 cars) as it's so easy to lose people at junctions, lights etc, so that doesn't mean nailing it out of a junction into a gap only big enough for one car ;)

I'm told Neil and Rover 416567897547 (never did get your name), stopped to wait for Mike and I when I stopped at some lights, but nether of us took the right exit off the roundabout.

In the end I just followed Mike up the A34, and we both claimed we got there 1st due to our innovative camshaft solutions. :D

Put me down as a maybe please :)

I wanted to come to the last one but I couldn't make it. As long as I get some work done to my new car first, I will probably come.

I won't say what car just yet as I am hoping to do a thread about it soon :D

Put me down as a maybe please :)

I wanted to come to the last one but I couldn't make it. As long as I get some work done to my new car first, I will probably come.

I won't say what car just yet as I am hoping to do a thread about it soon :D

i read what car you were after ;)

but yes, i'll stick you down as a maybe, btw, this is 4 weeks away now, i'll need to think about final numbers in about 2 weeks so i can book the table, so can i have your definites before say 25th August.

thanks

It wasn't the FTO if thats what you mean ;)

Im on holiday tomorrow and back on the 15th. I should be getting the work done to my car between the 17th to 21st and should be able to make it. Im thinking of even coming even if I don't get the work done in time hehe.

Just spotted this thread, wouldnt have dared come along with the Skoda I dont think, but put me down as a maybe now that I've got the Merc - It'll still get badly shown up, but I know some of the roads in that area are well sweet, and not driven up there for ages.

Probably Saturday, but g/f's birthday is on the 8th Sept, and not 100% sure when her party is scheduled for, but its not too far back from Yorkshire to Durham!

Just spotted this thread, wouldnt have dared come along with the Skoda I dont think, but put me down as a maybe now that I've got the Merc - It'll still get badly shown up, but I know some of the roads in that area are well sweet, and not driven up there for ages.

Probably Saturday, but g/f's birthday is on the 8th Sept, and not 100% sure when her party is scheduled for, but its not too far back from Yorkshire to Durham!

it was decided it was to be on the sunday, you still want to be put on the maybe list?

Back
Top Bottom