***OFFICIAL OcUK HWBOT OVERCLOCKING TEAM***

Caporegime
I'm sure the new memory will be better in the long run especially since I plan to use 4.5Ghz for 24/7, I can have the memory running at 1200Mhz hopefully.

It's just sort of a pain that after spending days getting a "stable" (read benchmarks only) system together, I have now taken some steps back for top speed.

Also the new memory runs at the same speed as my old memory with better timings so that has improved my scores for a like for like clock basis.

I just need to 4.824Ghz stable again and blag some top 5 places for my cpu.

Then concentrate on trying to hit that magical 5Ghz.

Although I have through research realised that the mch voltage and strain put on the nb, I'm not going to do that without watercooling. Shame my nb cooler didn't fit and I don't fancy spending £30 to get one that does for now.

Associate
Clocked my i7 up a bit further and managed to up a couple of scores, some benchies seem to allow scores for much lower rankings than others - wPrime1024 and SuperPi32M seem to be particularly good for it, whereas wPrime32 and SuperPi1M seem to be completely overtaken by peeps with seriously OC'd chips running water etc - those of us still on air won't get a look in on those benchies!

Now for the missus' laptop... :)

Caporegime
:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

My first cup :D

And I moved up some other places in other scores.

I do reckon I can get that first place if I keep tweaking my memory.

Congrats to everybody else who posted more points today as well. The ocuk team is on a role.

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
OP
been adding results from all the i7 bundles i have done at work today

making Wprime part of our stress testing on all systems now - should net some points

every little helps ;)

plus, myself and panser bjorn [__dw on hwbot] got a few cups on the OcUK ultima mobile laptops

Caporegime
Problem is my board won;t boot at any fsb on the 2b strap 5:6

I know my memory will run at 1300+ as I have tested it on the 2a strap

Problem is 2a doesn;t get my cpu clocked high enough.

And looking at the two result above me they are at slower cpu's but faster ram at 5:6 on the same mobo as me.

Until I figure out why my 5:6 strap isn;t working, I won;t be going any higher on that benchmark.

In fact it's going to hold me back on quite a few as fast memory is the key. A brute force 4.9Ghz cpu will only get you so far :(

Associate
Some good points added there Rich and Greebo!

I'm starting to regret the 'Catch me if you can' comment now ;)

Jeez, you guys are putting my missus' laptop at serious risk here, not sure how much further I can push it... might even have to take a trip into the loft for old kit. Also got an old Dell Poweredge 4600 in the garage, can't remember what CPU's it's got or even if it runs anymore - been under a workbench for nearly two years so I'll prob have to chase the spiders out before putting any power to it! :D

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
OP
im going for some points on my dads pc today

the biggest challenge ever must be getting points out of a Q6600!

Soldato
on a more or possibly less serious note do ocuk give donate hardware to hwbot members *prays to a fake god* i only ask as my current mobo has a serious fsb and vcore limit

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
OP
it would be difficult

the large majority of my scores are from my personal hardware

its only when we get something obscure at ocuk that i upload results from that

looks like im playing catchup again si!!!
nice xeon work!!!

we have a very rare xeon at work that i would like to bench but no access to a board that will run it :(

my xeon should be here soon ;)

Soldato
it would be difficult

the large majority of my scores are from my personal hardware

its only when we get something obscure at ocuk that i upload results from that

nice xeon work!!!

we have a very rare xeon at work that i would like to bench but no access to a board that will run it :(

my xeon should be here soon ;)

even a small reduction in price would be very welcome

Associate
nice xeon work!!!

Thanks mate!

It's been really hard to get those last few points though so reckon I'm pretty much at my limit for now, been using 'setfsb' for clocking my missus' laptop (at 2.2ghz the Turion chip gets so toastie, not sure I can push it any further now) and I also can't find out what PLL chip my own uses so haven't been able to clock that yet using setfsb... hoping I'll figure it out soon and should be good for a few points I suspect!

Caporegime
:(

I have finally got the 2b strap working (new bios did the trick) but yet to get the system stable above 4.7Ghz again so although I am pretty close to beating all my scores with my memory now running at 1250Mhz.

Spent 7 hours playing around with tweaks yesterday to no avail. Having the memory running at that speed is obviously putting more stress on my system.

I could really do with ocuk getting a nb waterblock which fits my ep45 ud3p?????? Pretty please ;)

Back
Top Bottom