***OFFICIAL OcUK HWBOT OVERCLOCKING TEAM***

Caporegime
Bah humbug. I bet that got you more points than my faster clocked q9650 as well! :(

I worked out that I would get over 200 points for my q9650 if I had owned it before i7 came out :(

Associate
Greebo, what temps are you reading for your NB?

The only reason I ask is that a few of us with the Extreme noticed that the onboard monitor seemed to be reporting our NB temps almost 10c higher than they actually were. I'm not sure if the same is true for the UDP series but it's worth having a look at. Your temps there may not be as bad as you think.

Keep us updated on your 5ghz thread as well. ;)

There was a thread on XS by Jor3lBR which may be of great use to you. He was using the same mb and chip to hit 5ghz. Some of the gtl and skew settings may come in handy.

Congrats on the cup. ;):D

Caporegime
Where do you think I got all my ideas/settings from? ;)

Unfortunately, gigabyte neglected to include a nb temp sensor in the ud3 boards :(

Yeah, I need to stop mucking about on the hwbot records and post some updates on my 5ghz thread and some findings I have made which is quite a lot.

gtl refs are totally different for my cpu/board than Jor3lBR. Just goes to show that every cpu/mobo combo is different. My system wouldn't even boot to bios with his settings for 4.5Ghz yet with the same voltage settings and different refs my is prime stable.

I noticed he has never posted his profiles for anything above 4.5Ghz and especially his 5Ghz settings. Meany.

Associate
Where do you think I got all my ideas/settings from? ;)

Unfortunately, gigabyte neglected to include a nb temp sensor in the ud3 boards :(

Yeah, I need to stop mucking about on the hwbot records and post some updates on my 5ghz thread and some findings I have made which is quite a lot.

gtl refs are totally different for my cpu/board than Jor3lBR. Just goes to show that every cpu/mobo combo is different. My system wouldn't even boot to bios with his settings for 4.5Ghz yet with the same voltage settings and different refs my is prime stable.

I noticed he has never posted his profiles for anything above 4.5Ghz and especially his 5Ghz settings. Meany.

Oh well, no NB sensor is about the same as an inaccurate one anyway.

Should be interesting to see how different your settings have been. I'm sure he used to have a link to his 5ghz clocks in his sig although it seems to have gone now. :confused:

I think I'll wait until I take my GPU out of the loop before going for some higher clocks. Could really do with getting a Heatkiller to replace my Fuzion v1 as well.

Caporegime
Major different. His cpu ref is set close to 63% yet mine is only 59%. Bizaree I know and against the grain but if I set it to 63% my pc doesn't boot.

I reckon he pulled his settings so nobody could use them as a basis for beating him in HWbot.

Caporegime
I've just noticed something odd. All his records were set using the f4-4 bios and not the f9b bios he normally posted on the motherboard overclocking thread when he started at 4.5Ghz and slowly upped it to 5ghz. His last post on there with settings was 4.75Ghz on the f9b bios.

Guess I'm going to download the much earlier f4-4 bios and see what difference that makes to the overclock.

Associate
been adding results from all the i7 bundles i have done at work today

making Wprime part of our stress testing on all systems now - should net some points

every little helps ;)

plus, myself and panser bjorn [__dw on hwbot] got a few cups on the OcUK ultima mobile laptops

Just a thought if you are benching on rigs not belonging to you and posting results, if the owner does the same that is breaking hwbot rules.

you would in fact sharing hardware and posting 2 results for same rig and you could be banned.

If I have misinterpreted what you are doing then I apologise.

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
OP
i would like to see it proven

the mojority of my results are from bgrade hardware that i have tested in my own time after work

using a random board in my opinion is stock

and stressing overclocks for customers that have paid for an overclock is a good thing as they are paying me to clock and test the bundle

that is what i am doing

plus i build bundles all day

they go into boxes and are assigned to customers after they are built, clocked and packed for shipping

essentially it is OcUK stock until it goes into the lorry for shipping

Associate
:rolleyes: fakesnake from benchtec trying to upset things! even though he has 12 different processor cpu-z submissions! who is to say that he has not borrowed other rigs!

Associate
:rolleyes: fakesnake from benchtec trying to upset things! even though he has 12 different processor cpu-z submissions! who is to say that he has not borrowed other rigs!

I am not trying to upset anything just clarifying the rules, as hardware sharing is not allowed.

Yes I have a lot of submissions, most of my gear was bought from overclockers as well and can be checked. I had to give up in the end due to the cost and nearly all was SOLD on again to benchtec members again can be proven.

As I said I have gave benching up, was only trying to help a new team as anything posted on this forum is in full view. You just have to be so careful to get the submissions correct, or some other team will report it and get it stopped as some of you have found out already.

If I was trying to "upset" anything I could have just gone to hwbot, which I had no intention of, and as my query has been explained its no problem anyway.:D

So good luck to everybody, and clock the nuts off it.

Soldato
Hey hey. Decided benching my laptop(T8100, 8400mgs) and gained 0.1 point straight away, with 20th hardware rank on Wprime32 :D
Time to overclock and see if we can't contribute, pretty sure there is a point or two to be had for this processor.
Without buggy scores this time hopefully. :D

Notice it's neck and neck between our two leading benchers. :p

Last edited:
Associate
For OC'ing laptops try a little app called 'setfsb' it's very good - BUT you have to be able to identify your PLL chip for setting clock frequencies and incorrect settings could cause probs so take care!

Rich - you're keeping me on my toes these last few days, been a hard job clocking things to that extra few MHz to keep a nose ahead of you! Need a few more joining in the competition though to make things really interesting - perhaps we should stop for a while to let em catch up? ;)

Caporegime
Depends. Have a look at the charts.

In fact there are only 4 slot entries and 5 socket entries for athlons so even at stock you are guaranteed 1 point for each benhcmark :D

http://hwbot.org/hardware/processor/Athlon 700Mhz (Socket, T-Bird-Core)

Clock it a bit and you sould pick up a handful of ribbons/cups to boot as well.

I hate people having old obscure hardware around. It's too easy to pick up 10 to 20 points. :(

Back
Top Bottom