• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** Official Ryzen Owners Thread ***

HRL

HRL

Soldato
I have a hunch that certain batches of Ryzen chips might be more flaky than others on the IMC front as well... Could just be an unfortunate combination.
Just a hunch, mind. I have nothing to back that up with!

That said, I haven't tried straight DOCP settings since these updates- I've kept it where it was, 1.365v mem voltage, and a +0.15v offset on the memory controller, the exact name of which I have temporarily forgotten...

Pretty sure 8Pack said the same about the IMC lottery too.

I’ve had to use 1.4V and +0.52 SOC to get rock solid 3200Mhz, albeit it at nearly 3250Mhz with my BCLK at 101.5.

Seems to be the best for me at the moment. XFR boosting to 4.4 isn’t anything to complain about.

Last edited:
Associate
I've recently moved to a Ryzen 2700x on a Asrock X470 Taichi , latest 2.0 Bios. Memory is Team Group Dark Pro 16gb, C16. + Vega 64 on a Superflower 1kw PSU.

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/team...nnel-kit-black-red-tdprd416g32-my-075-tg.html

Looking at the Dram calculator and Thaiphoon for the 1st time.

The calc on the Safe timings is suggesting lower timings at 14 14 14 etc , have i a chance of reaching this ok with C16 ram and will it add much performance.

At the mo, all is stable with Memory at 3200 via XMP and Pbo enabled with a vcore offset at -0.06250 . Both CPU and GPU under water with EK Phoenix kit.

Cheers )

Mmw0MhA.png

HRL

HRL

Soldato
@neil473

I set the VCORE offset at -0.102 and set the BCLK at 101.5. That gets 4.4 across all cores on my X470 Aorus Ultra Gaming with slightly lower voltages.

You could try the RAM at CL14 timings, what’s the worst that could happen. Tighter timings definitely improve performance.

That’s what mines running at but I bought the CL14 kit.

Soldato
@neil473

I set the VCORE offset at -0.102 and set the BCLK at 101.5. That gets 4.4 across all cores on my X470 Aorus Ultra Gaming with slightly lower voltages.

You could try the RAM at CL14 timings, what’s the worst that could happen. Tighter timings definitely improve performance.

Is that with it auto oc the cpu? If so what did you set to get it to do that apart from the offset and blk?
I run at 4.3 in the bios with offset vcore at +0.208 or whatever the max is would love to run at 4.4 though
I have a 2700x and gig ultra gaming also

HRL

HRL

Soldato
Is that with it auto oc the cpu? If so what did you set to get it to do that apart from the offset and blk?
I run at 4.3 in the bios with offset vcore at +0.208 or whatever the max is would love to run at 4.4 though
I have a 2700x and gig ultra gaming also

Yep, XFR enabled, PBO enabled, negative VCORE offset.

It only runs at 4.4 on boost but it does it whenever it needs to.

I could only get 4.25 stable across all cores on manual OC. XFR gets me better results TBH so that’s what I’ve stuck with.

Soldato
Curious on my 2700X temps. I am running a compact Mini-ITX build in a Raven RVZ03 with Noctua NH-L12S (with x2 fan on intake, one underneath, one on top). Realbench hits about 83c after 5 mins. Haven't let it run much longer.

Was hitting about 80c after 10 mins in Witcher 3.

Mobo is a X470 i-Gaming with EVGA 2080Ti. Ther GPU is OK on temps actually (hitting 69c max so far), but this case is reasonably well optimised for GPU cooling.

Idle temps on the 2700X seem to bounce around the 40s.

Are these temps lousy? I know they will always be warm in this case with this cooler, given it's only 95W TDP.

HRL

HRL

Soldato
BCLK @ 102. I'm not going further than that but so far so good and I've spent a couple of hours testing.

XFR, PBO and voltage now on normal. It gets a few degrees warmer but tops out at 65C on air.

Associate
@neil473

Cheers )

Permabanned
Still yet to build my machine due to no time! :(

But was wondering, I have a Corsair H115i cooling my current 2500k, is it worth me getting the AM4 bracket and using this for my 2700x?

Would mean delaying the built till after xmas, but would it give me that much more overclocking potential over the stock cooler?

I have my 2700x PC in a Corsair C70 mid tower case that has good airflow when set up right, At first I was using the stock cooler & found it ran like a seesaw when overclocked to 4.225, The fan would constantly ramp up & down, up & down even at idle, It wasn't loud, you could barely hear it but it was annoying me so I grabbed an AM4 bracket for my H110, problem solved, so while the styock cooler looks pretty it's definitely worth paying 7 or 8 quid for a bracket if you already have an AIO you can use.

Soldato
If anyone was looking to grab a decent 6c/12t CPU on the cheap, you can pick up the 1600X for only £117.95 if you look around. Pretty staggering value IMO, doubt it will be beaten until Zen2 shows up in 2019. :D

Associate
Anyone using the stock cooler, with no overclock, what temps are you getting on the 2600?
Mine is leaking at 72°C which seems high. 2 intake fans and 1 output fan in a corsair carbide 240. Seems high looking at the reviews I have seen. Need to find/buy the AM4 adaptor for my H100 as I seem to have lost it

Associate
Quick question, running X470 Gigabyte Gaming 7, a 2700X (stock cooler at the moment) on Windows 10. Using the F6 BIOS and the 18.10 AMD chipset drivers.

My performance with all the overclocking seems to be massively variable - sometimes the desktop will completely freeze for a few seconds, especially when doing between applications. Seems the Gigabyte BIOS is a bit flakey and I've disabled automatic switching between the two BIOS' on the motherboard as I would find the system seemingly randomly booting between the two BIOS.

Question - running the Ryzen Balanced power plan in Windows - should I still be using this, or just go to the Windows high performance plan?

Soldato
Anyone using the stock cooler, with no overclock, what temps are you getting on the 2600?
Mine is leaking at 72°C which seems high. 2 intake fans and 1 output fan in a corsair carbide 240. Seems high looking at the reviews I have seen. Need to find/buy the AM4 adaptor for my H100 as I seem to have lost it

The stock cooler for the 2600 will result in that.

https://www.techspot.com/review/1614-ryzen-2600/page5.html

74C here with wraith stealth.

Back
Top Bottom