• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** Official Ryzen Owners Thread ***

Permabanned
I got 4.2Ghz with 4 cores disable below 1.5v but I would need to go higher to get it on 8 cores :mad: I am on air so I dont really want to push it too far.
3.9 seems good enough for me, my new setup has achieved my goals:

1. Faster and smoother game performance than my i7 4790K
2. Fantastic multitasking performance compared to my i7 4790K
3. Now have a dedicated linux system using my i7 4790K

Soldato

I'm currently on a 4790k (4.6Ghz). Looks like this will prove an expensive month.. once the mobos come in stock at least.

Associate

It seems great at everything, for its price too.

Permabanned
Any benchies, hard data to prove it?

As I'm 100 percent not convinced.

Also faster and smoother?

What does this actually mean? Your minimums are higher? what?

What GFX card?
Try dong this on your i7 6700:

1. start dxtory or any other game recording software
2. start vmware workstation and launch a uubuntu mate desktop and leave it downloading torrents
3. launch any game
4. start obs and stream game to any streaming service
5. start playing game
6. record game with dxtory or any gaming recording software.

let me know what your game performance is like and if you drop any frames while streaming.....

i only have a 1070gtx currently......

Soldato
Try dong this on your i7 6700:

1. start dxtory or any other game recording software
2. start vmware workstation and launch a uubuntu mate desktop and leave it downloading torrents
3. launch any game
4. start obs and stream game to any streaming service
5. start playing game
6. record game with dxtory or any gaming recording software.

let me know what your game performance is like and if you drop any frames while streaming.....

i only have a 1070gtx currently......

Ha ha ha. Nailed it.

Who really cares if you don't quantify it with benchmarks or "hard data". It's the user experience that matters, and of he feels it's better and smoother, who is anyone to Disagree?

Caporegime
Ha ha ha. Nailed it.

Who really cares if you don't quantify it with benchmarks or "hard data". It's the user experience that matters, and of he feels it's better and smoother, who is anyone to Disagree?

Its helpful for the community...

I'm not going to run those tests...As they are meaningless....

And better and smoother is Subjective

So your point is MOOT

Associate
So i got my Ryzen setup yesterday Asus Crosshair hero and Ryzen 1800X problem is i haven't been able to get into the bios yet. Everything powers up ok and motherboard start doing it checks Dram test test seems to pass then it freezes on CPU check with a Q code 48. The manual doesn't seem to have that code listed and Google doesn't seem to have an answer either.

Things i've tried
Switching it on and off again.
Swapping memmory to different slots
Reseating memmory.
Reseating CPU
Plugged a fan into CPU header in case it was failing to detect my AIO triggering a safety state.

Im about out of ideas as to what to do and ready to call it a day and RMA the CPU but just wanted to check if anyone has any suggestions first.

Soldato
So i got my Ryzen setup yesterday Asus Crosshair hero and Ryzen 1800X problem is i haven't been able to get into the bios yet. Everything powers up ok and motherboard start doing it checks Dram test test seems to pass then it freezes on CPU check with a Q code 48. The manual doesn't seem to have that code listed and Google doesn't seem to have an answer either.

Things i've tried
Switching it on and off again.
Swapping memmory to different slots
Reseating memmory.
Reseating CPU
Plugged a fan into CPU header in case it was failing to detect my AIO triggering a safety state.

Im about out of ideas as to what to do and ready to call it a day and RMA the CPU but just wanted to check if anyone has any suggestions first.
Could be worth updating to the newest bios via a USB stick

Associate
Yeah would rather avoid that to be honest untill asus has a significantly better bios on offer. Will see if i get desperate enough:) i might do it but i dont think it should be the issue.

Might pull it all apart again and test it out of the case with minimal components attached. cant hurt at this point.

Soldato
Yeah would rather avoid that to be honest untill asus has a significantly better bios on offer. Will see if i get desperate enough:) i might do it but i dont think it should be the issue.

Might pull it all apart again and test it out of the case with minimal components attached. cant hurt at this point.
also the good thing about flashing the bios with the usb is you dont need ram or cpu fitted

Permabanned
Its helpful for the community...

And better and smoother is Subjective

So your point is MOOT

Why are they meaningless? Thats how i use my PC.. I dont just run one application at a time on my PC (game). A benchmark of one game is not going to tell me how it performs in my usage scenario.

Theres a reason why these reviewers on youtube cant get a Job in the real world of IT.

Last edited:

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

To you maybe. For me, they pretty much mirror my usage scenario. I often game with a Premiere, After Effects or 3DSMax render ongoing in the background, which is why I'm going to be upgrading to Ryzen in June as that usage currently cripples my OC'd 4770k system - I doubt a 7700k would fare any better.

For productivity users, the era of 4 core is truly drawing to a close.

Last edited by a moderator:
Permabanned
To you maybe. For me, they pretty much mirror my usage scenario. I often game with a Premiere, After Effects or 3DSMax render ongoing in the background, which is why I'm going to be upgrading to Ryzen in June as that usage currently cripples my OC'd 4770k system - I doubt a 7700k would fare any better.
What version of premiere pro and after effects are you using?

Back
Top Bottom