• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** Official Ryzen Owners Thread ***

Associate
Would I be wrong in saying even navigating windows with 5-6 windows open, Outlook, Chrome, youtube playing etc feel much better than a 4 core. My other machine is a 4c 4.6Ghz 4690k with same SSD and the Ryzen system feel smoother in general.

Scramz are you talking about when your PC is under minimal load it drops to 1.5Ghz ?

Where are you setting the balance mode ? I have gone through the (crosshair) bios, mobo software and windows power modes and none of them are dropping speeds at low use/ideal.. I think i am suffering from looking at bios settings for too long :(

Associate
Scramz are you talking about when your PC is under minimal load it drops to 1.5Ghz ?

Where are you setting the balance mode ? I have gone through the (crosshair) bios, mobo software and windows power modes and none of them are dropping speeds at low use/ideal.. I think i am suffering from looking at bios settings for too long :(

Balanced mode in Windows power settings. On minimal load I am seeing the frequency drop to 1498Mhz (1.5Ghz) and then peaking on all cores to 3.9Ghz at around 1.31v see the photo below.

IdP86jp.png

Associate
Balanced mode in Windows power settings. On minimal load I am seeing the frequency drop to 1498Mhz (1.5Ghz) and then peaking on all cores to 3.9Ghz at around 1.31v see the photo below.

IdP86jp.png

Hmmm mine on balanced just sits at 3.8Ghz on all cores :(

cancel that I sorted it :)

Not sure if anyone else is using the AMD Ryzen master software but it looks like, for some reason, it locks one core at peak speed after a while. Closing it and using other monitoring software stops this happening for me.

Last edited:
Soldato
i think something has bricked itself. mine wont post, or turn off once its turned on? wtf. i havent even used it today. literally got phanteks mounts mounted cooler. and its dead.

Soldato
Well, hopefully I will have this Asus prime plus on its way to to ocuk this week and hoping I can get either gigabyte k7 or Asrock taichi by the weekend.

Msi only out the running because they are lacking sata ports. Gigabyte nearly out because of only one m2.

Does anyone know if those big covers on io ports come off? Worried won't fit with 140mm radiator in way

Permabanned
My final tests.... Screenshot was taken as soon as realbench was finished to capture temps under load.....

y3mJgtPuY-W0LNjS9RUrsNw-IOmnKBto0VXTgqkiSvDxcNqlj8-mCoaEsRtyMKJEMAg-fx8xMfRxFo7aDGsZfyM4vceSa2r_2dhvnB6Q8eMWQAAtwOHqmUCHzzpiV6lZbLxGGrxPiYtL_8TfbT-b3OogM54Zmog08JAbMOptxW2L_M

Associate
My final tests.... Screenshot was taken as soon as realbench was finished to capture temps under load.....

y3mJgtPuY-W0LNjS9RUrsNw-IOmnKBto0VXTgqkiSvDxcNqlj8-mCoaEsRtyMKJEMAg-fx8xMfRxFo7aDGsZfyM4vceSa2r_2dhvnB6Q8eMWQAAtwOHqmUCHzzpiV6lZbLxGGrxPiYtL_8TfbT-b3OogM54Zmog08JAbMOptxW2L_M

Nice OC, look like it clocks the same as my 1700. If you up the amount of RAM it gives it that all bit more stress or 10 run of the H264 test to be sure. Which cooler you on?

Back
Top Bottom