• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** Official Ryzen Owners Thread ***

Soldato
A very good watch and sums everything up very nicely.

I'd think it's a question of how much time and money will be spent by developers on optimising for chips that have a small market share compared to Intel's offerings, at least initially. The current reviews from a gaming perspective aren't helping if you're pro AMD. It's reasonable to expect large gains if AMD can grab anything like 20% market share within 12-24 months. This will largely come down to the 4c and 6c chips, their price and what Intel do pricing wise to combat people switching. As so often with these things though, it's big fish vs little fish and Intel will simply apply the pressure with product, price or both should AMD go over a certain percentage market share.

There's some interesting analogys you can apply if you look at net worth. If you think it's BMW vs Kia you're wrong, it's far worse :D

If you look upon it from this angle, Ryzen is a huge success.

Soldato
Idk if anyone has tested yet, but I can confirm that windows 7 works great with ryzen. I had to cable tie my phanteks cooler on for now as the mounts haven't arrived yet.

Got my 1800x and I o 4.09ghz without much issues. I only got 2 or 3 bluescreens in over 4 hours of oc. The only issue I have is my ram will only run at 2400 so I have tightened my timings right up to 12-12-12-26 1t and the system feels miles faster than the 17-16-16-3 something that the board set!

image_id_1797244.jpeg

Soldato
@MattyC
Idk. I haven't got a temp monitor that works yet. I just went for it and if it shut down on me it must be too hot :) luckily it didn't. I went to 1.45v with level 2 LLC, so nothing crazy.

@Frozennova
Yeah you could. The am4 mount are positioned quite well for cable ties :D

Associate
Would I be wrong in saying even navigating windows with 5-6 windows open, Outlook, Chrome, youtube playing etc feel much better than a 4 core. My other machine is a 4c 4.6Ghz 4690k with same SSD and the Ryzen system feel smoother in general.

Back
Top Bottom