• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** Official Ryzen Threadripper Owners Thread ***

• Thread starter Deleted member 66701
  • Start date
Soldato
thanks for the info.

Have installed the Enermax 280mm AIO and after 1 hour of video encoding max temps were 73°C according to both HWinfo & RMT.

I've also noticed that the BIOS is showing temps at 62°C :confused: ... I've not updated to latest BIOS yet as I still need to do a clean install of window but I'm guessing it is a bug?
What motherboard do you have?

Caporegime
thanks for the info.

Have installed the Enermax 280mm AIO and after 1 hour of video encoding max temps were 73°C according to both HWinfo & RMT.

I've also noticed that the BIOS is showing temps at 62°C :confused: ... I've not updated to latest BIOS yet as I still need to do a clean install of window but I'm guessing it is a bug?
Definitely update to the latest BIOS and download Ryzen Master to verify the correct temperature.

Soldato
thanks for the info.

I'm thinking of using this cooler when I get the cash together for a Threadripper build. Very interested to see how you get on with it.

Also interested to see what cases everyone has their TR build in?

Soldato
I'm thinking of using this cooler when I get the cash together for a Threadripper build. Very interested to see how you get on with it.

I managed to fit mine in a Corsair 400c - about 2mm to spare between the top my Noctua cooler and the side panel window, but is a nice compact system and cooling seems good

Associate
Definitely update to the latest BIOS and download Ryzen Master to verify the correct temperature.

I'll get the update done this afternoon.

Comparing the Enermax AIO to Corsair I like the Enermax, looks much cleaner plus the pump is much more silent than Corsair's, the touches of magnetic strip ALL screws incl plus minimal cables ... my only complaint so far would be not being able to adjsut the brightness of the Enermax logo.

Case I'm using a Corsair 540

Associate
BIOS updated,

Realized why the high temps in BIOS, BIOS is showing the coretemp :rolleyes:

I'll get a clean install sorted ready for overclocking at the weekend.

cheers for the help.

Soldato
Nice, let me know how you get on. I was pretty chuffed when i discovered them.

Try these settings in Park Control.
n56aiuj.jpg
On balanced profile my system runs 89-91 kw, average about 90. With those settings it shaved another 2 kw off. Not tried Process lasso yet. My system is still running 32 of 32 cores (as shown in ParkControl).
That's not bad really. I'm running a couple of 1070 Ti's too.

Last edited:
Caporegime
On balanced profile my system runs 89-91 kw, average about 90. With those settings it shaved another 2 kw off. Not tried Process lasso yet. My system is still running 32 of 32 cores (as shown in ParkControl).
That's not bad really. I'm running a couple of 1070 Ti's too.
Yeah pretty good. I have a fan controller, LED fans and several AIO's with their own fans, so that no doubts adds to my usage a bit. Not to mention my 3x Nvme drives in Raid + other Sata SSDs.

Associate
Have come to pick you guys brains again.

Have done a clean install, and oc'd to 3.9Ghz @1.29v (temps too high @4Ghz) ... Mem is 3333Mhz @ 1.38v ... have ran Aida stress for 14+ hours (max temp 77°C) and Memtest for 10 hours and no errors not to mention average of 8 hours a day rendering video.

My problem is restarting PC, it will hang at the "restarting" screen (have to do a hard reset) ... even on a clean install plus the whole PC feels sluggish, opening windows explorer or low resource software it's like it is struggling to run (imagine 100% CPU & Memory usage and opening software) ... I also get the same when running no overclock.

Have ran all benchmarks mentioned in this thread and getting similar scores posted.

BIOS & drivers are all up to date so any ideas?

cheers

Caporegime
Have come to pick you guys brains again.

Have done a clean install, and oc'd to 3.9Ghz @1.29v (temps too high @4Ghz) ... Mem is 3333Mhz @ 1.38v ... have ran Aida stress for 14+ hours (max temp 77°C) and Memtest for 10 hours and no errors not to mention average of 8 hours a day rendering video.

My problem is restarting PC, it will hang at the "restarting" screen (have to do a hard reset) ... even on a clean install plus the whole PC feels sluggish, opening windows explorer or low resource software it's like it is struggling to run (imagine 100% CPU & Memory usage and opening software) ... I also get the same when running no overclock.

Have ran all benchmarks mentioned in this thread and getting similar scores posted.

BIOS & drivers are all up to date so any ideas?

cheers
Is HPET disabled either in the BIOS or in Windows?

Associate
Is HPET disabled either in the BIOS or in Windows?

Not sure mate, will see if I can find it in BIOS.

Looking in Event Viewer I have a lot of these errors, are they normal?

"Performance power management features on processor 31 in group 0 are disabled due to a firmware problem. Check with the computer manufacturer for updated firmware."

Caporegime
Not sure mate, will see if I can find it in BIOS.

Looking in Event Viewer I have a lot of these errors, are they normal?

"Performance power management features on processor 31 in group 0 are disabled due to a firmware problem. Check with the computer manufacturer for updated firmware."
I would put the system back to stock and enable XFR until you get things fully stable as well.

That error could indicate the CPU can't enter power saving modes as you are running a (perhaps unstable) overclock.

Associate
I would put the system back to stock and enable XFR until you get things fully stable as well.

That error could indicate the CPU can't enter power saving modes as you are running a (perhaps unstable) overclock.

thanks, have disabled HPET in both windows & BIOS, seems to run abit better but still sluggish.

I'll get the BIOS cleared and run AIDA over night.

cheers for the help.

Caporegime
thanks, have disabled HPET in both windows & BIOS, seems to run abit better but still sluggish.

I'll get the BIOS cleared and run AIDA over night.

cheers for the help.

If you can provide more information i may have other suggestions too.

Eg full system specs, memory speed/timings/model no, motherboard BIOS version etc.

Back
Top Bottom