• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** Official Ryzen Threadripper Owners Thread ***

• Thread starter Deleted member 66701
  • Start date
Associate
You said above you were running it at 3333Mhz?

Which OS?

was running 3333Mhz OC @ above timings (memtest found 0 errors overnight) as I have had no crashes or lock ups presumed the OC was stable.

I'm running windows 10, will be the latest build.

BIOS has been cleared and now at stock, XMP enabled for memory.
Also virtualization has been enabled (SVP? not sure on the correct name)

Caporegime
was running 3333Mhz OC @ above timings (memtest found 0 errors overnight) as I have had no crashes or lock ups presumed the OC was stable.

I'm running windows 10, will be the latest build.

BIOS has been cleared and now at stock, XMP enabled for memory.
Also virtualization has been enabled (SVP? not sure on the correct name)
Are you using Virtualization or was it just on by default? Which Windows 10 version?
See how you get on for a bit and let me know.

Associate
Are you using Virtualization or was it just on by default? Which Windows 10 version?

I enabled virtualization mate, have a couple of windows 7 VM's but these only run when needed mostly in the evening.

w10 Pro x64 build 1803.

Associate

ok, ran Aida FPU test for 16 hours and max temp was 71°C ... system still feels sluggish so will be running Memtest overnight.

I know I should test 1 stick at a time but don't really have the time to test each stick.

Soldato
Probably already covered but which power profile are you using? In latest Windows 10 version, don't use the AMD Balanced profile. I noticed a performance issue but after advice from forum members it was resolved. I think I only had to switch to the Window Balanced profile if I remember correctly. Invoking an IDE was taking 8 seconds but was down to 2 to 3 afterwards.

Soldato
Probably already covered but which power profile are you using? In latest Windows 10 version, don't use the AMD Balanced profile. I noticed a performance issue but after advice from forum members it was resolved. I think I only had to switch to the Window Balanced profile if I remember correctly. Invoking an IDE was taking 8 seconds but was down to 2 to 3 afterwards.
If your on a later veraion of windows 10 then use the windows balanced profile - it seems tI work better than the older ryzen balanced profiles

Associate
ran Memtest over night without no errors.

Currently rendering a 7 hour video but will switch profiles once finished, think I have it set to "High Performance" disabling monitor sleep & hard disk power down.

Associate
Whats going on in the running processes and taking (any) cpu time ? Check in TM to see whats occupying any cpu time and making the system feel 'sluggish'.

Associate
Whats going on in the running processes and taking (any) cpu time ? Check in TM to see whats occupying any cpu time and making the system feel 'sluggish'.

Can't see nothing mate, CPU is sat at 2% usage with VMware & Firefox running, RAM at 20% (6GB)

I'll try a spare SSD drive rather than NVME drive, CPU & memory look to be ok.

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

OP
I can't see a threadripper with 4 times the core count of a 2700x costing any less than 4 times the cost of a 2700x.

I think £1199 is the minimum we'll see.

Soldato
Anyone here got an X399 Aorous Gaming 7 board? If so, have you had an issue with the F3j BIOS losing your settings if you disconnect the mains from the PSU for a few mins? Every board I've got does it, very odd. I only started noticing it after it kept losing the NVMe RAID config, and the realised all the other settings were defaulted. Systems are running stock, and all the BIOS batteries have been checked and tested, it's really annoying.

Associate
If that's even within 50% of being the price i will pass oot.
They would have to make an awful awful lot of TRs to be able to cope with the demand if they launch it at that.
Heck if its less than 1500 notes its mental.

Soldato
If that's even within 50% of being the price i will pass oot.
They would have to make an awful awful lot of TRs to be able to cope with the demand if they launch it at that.
Heck if its less than 1500 notes its mental.

No............................you are still thinking "Intel Tax". I don't actually think it will be £899.....................................but certainly not anywhere near to £1500.

Back
Top Bottom