• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** Official Ryzen Threadripper Owners Thread ***

• Thread starter Deleted member 66701
  • Start date
Associate
Guess I should join the convo ;)

Should mention this is the old config, the rear rad is now external and the res is in the place of the rear rad. Cleared up the tubing a bit too :D

Rig is:
1950X All Core @4GHz 1.3325v using customised Switftech Waterblock
Vega64 with Aquacomputer Waterblock
360XS and 240CE EK rads
8 Noctua Industrial Fans (yes needed due to Australia...)
Zenith Extreme X399
AX1200i
Soundblaster PoS soundcard (worst buy ever!)

DSC_0078.jpg

DSC_0075.JPG

DSC_0076.jpg

Associate
Anyone else using a ROG Zenith board? I've noticed with the latest BIOS (1501) that CPU voltage requirements are massively reduced over previous BIOS. Currently running 40.5 on the multiplier at 1.3v whereas previously to be stable I'd have needed 1.35v for 4GHz 100% stable.

Associate
Hello everyone

I am considering buying one of 1920x , 2920x , 1950x , 2950x to use for software development.

I have found many benchmarks for other applications but nothing related to this kind of work. There is an Intel (unfortunately!) benchmark which gives representative results for the kind of work I am going to do.

Would anyone be kind enough to run that benchmark and share the results with me? It should not take more than 2-3 mins.

Thanks!

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

OP
@mikez Yeah, share the bench mark and I'll run it. I'll disable some cores as well so you could get an idea of what a 2920x would do.

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

OP
Hello guys

You can find the benchmark below

https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/intel-mkl-benchmarks-suite

You can use the below settings so it takes only a few mins:

- data/time -> data
- equations to solve -> 40000
- leading dimension of array -> 40000
- trials -> 1
- data alignment -> 1

Thanks a lot!

Any tips on how to run the benchmarks?

When I run the bat files it says:-

This binary version of the SMP LINPACK benchmark is optimized for and runs on only genuine Intel processors

Associate
Looks like its a Linpack benchmark running Intels libs you might have to compile your own which you'd want to do anyway I guess to tune for architecture, beyond me, perhaps Google is your friend here, search for Linpack stuff and EPYC perhaps.

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

OP
If you're asking strangers on a forum to run benches for you, at least make them easy to run for us

Associate
If you're asking strangers on a forum to run benches for you, at least make them easy to run for us

You are right, I have only run it on Intel computers which is the press of 1 button and entering 4 values which I provided. I did not know AMD computer would need more work.

I will provide an input file for HPL.

Many thanks again.

Last edited:
Associate
Really fancy a new build for gaming (primarily iRacing, cyberpunk 2077 when released) and work (machine learning, software dev, VMs, video editing), and have my eye on 2950X with MSI Meg.

Anyone running 64GB or 128GB, if so what mem did you go for?

Previous build was custom water cooled, but thinking AIO this time as now have kids and very little time to build, so looking for simplicity! Recommendations?

Cheers!

Associate
Running a 1950X at the moment, though I'd avoid the Gigabyte boards. MSI and Asus have been good though as well as the AsRock Taichi.

It works fine for iRacing, though not as well as a single core focused build like a de-lidded 8600K @5.3GHz to help keep the minimum FPS up. General gaming has been good, equal to any 2700X machine too. Running a full water loop with LM between block and CPU. Really surprised how much the LM improved performance (was running Hydronaut prior, which was a terrible idea!).

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

OP
Thanks TrixX. Anyone with 2950x, what oc clocks you getting and with what cooling?

I leave PBO on - manual clocking isn't worth it imho. With PBO, all core clocks are between 4ghz and 4.1ghz depending on workload. Pulls 325 watts. Cooling is EK TR4 v2 block, rest as per sig.

Associate
Cheers Amigafan2003, nice rig you have there. How you find bring it for gaming. Think that kind clock would do me plus added benefit of all those cores for work. Don't think I can quite come to terms with cost of 2080ti so will probably go 1080ti.

Associate
It's great for gaming - no issues.
I did run into one issue. The Division cracks the ***** with all the cores, tries to use all and ends up just duplicating work across all 32 threads, causing stutter and crashing as the game trips over itself. Haven't seen a fix for it yet.

Also agree with PBO for the 2950X, 1950X doesn't have the same dynamic clocking as the 2950X so running an all core OC can be beneficial.

Back
Top Bottom