** Official ** Season 2010/2011 Pre-Season thread

really excited about seeing Cleverly in some EPL games - he deserves a few chances as a sub early in the season to see what he can do. Kiko should also get a few games early on

Really great to see both Da Silva's and both Evans' brothers, Obertan always had good pace but he seemed to prefer to come in rather than stay out wide which I think is a weakness, hopefully he improves on that tendancy

how did fabio get on? he;s been underused in the first team wheras raf seems to get much more action?

id love to see the pair of them take over from neville and evra in a couple of years and be the ultimate brazilian wing backs!

what abhout diuff? is he any cop? i rember him scoring a header last season but i can see him being Dong'd or manucho'd out of the team.

how did fabio get on? he;s been underused in the first team wheras raf seems to get much more action?

id love to see the pair of them take over from neville and evra in a couple of years and be the ultimate brazilian wing backs!

what abhout diuff? is he any cop? i rember him scoring a header last season but i can see him being Dong'd or manucho'd out of the team.

fabio was alright, i didn't really pick him out as a lot of his crosses hit the first man and went out. Diouf was good, pacy, direct and some good link up play.

What channel was the Man U/Celtic game on??? or do people here subcribe to man u tv?

Liverpool play Al-Hilal tonight on liverpoolFCTV.

and if its a shock to anyone here, I am actually a man u fan and have been since 1995. Thinking about subscribing to man u tv but my sky bill is already £55 a month.

Last edited:
What channel was the Man u Celtect game on??? or do people here subcribe to man u tv?

Liverpool play Al-Hilal tonight on liverpoolFCTV.

I subscribed to mutv last night, otherwise you are looking at some pretty despicable, less than legal means of streaming it.

To be honest if you watch the reserve games then MUTV is worth it.

Less so now Hayley's gone though :(

Just subscribed to MUTV.... and the PQ on this channel is awful. The Celtic game is on now and I've seen replays of games from the 80's look better than this... I've been spoiled by watching the WC in HD but the PQ on MUTV doesn't justify £6 a month. Whats the deal on the PQ? HD MUTV in the works?

BTW, why is liverpoolFCTV free?

Last edited:
Because nobody in their right mind would pay for it.

EDIT: Just noticed MUTV doesn't show live games. What a bummer. I knew there would be some sort of conflict when sky sports show live man u games but sky sports don't show live man u games every weekend.

Can I watch live games on MUTV?
MUTV shows full coverage of every United game across all competitions – Premier League, Champions League, FA Cup and Carling Cup. Plus there's the Reserve and Academy game. We also broadcast all United’s pre-season games live and exclusively on MUTV.

Unfortunately, because of how television rights work we cannot show live first team games during the season. But you can watch the full 90 minutes of most first team fixtures within 24 hours of the final whistle.

Last edited:
did you not think that sky might have a problem with someone being able to pay £6 a month to MUTV and sod off their sky sports packages if they just wanted to watch the united matches? heh

I remember Skys original plan for football. Originally they wanted to do season cards, where you picked a season card for a particular team and you could then insert that card into the extra card slot in your sky box and it would enable you to watch every match of that team live.

As I recall, the powers that be said that Sky couldnt do that. Shame really as I think its a great idea.

did you not think that sky might have a problem with someone being able to pay £6 a month to MUTV and sod off their sky sports packages if they just wanted to watch the united matches? heh

I just thought Sky Sports would get to show live man u games when they have them on and man u tv would replay them but mutv would show every other man u game live.

I remember Skys original plan for football. Originally they wanted to do season cards, where you picked a season card for a particular team and you could then insert that card into the extra card slot in your sky box and it would enable you to watch every match of that team live.

As I recall, the powers that be said that Sky couldnt do that. Shame really as I think its a great idea.

do you still pay all the clubs the same under that scheme?

Back
Top Bottom