Walker
Bale
Naughton
Jenas
Huddlestone
Townsend
Obika
Keane

Subs - Jansson, Button, Butcher, Smith, Mason, Kranjcar, Modric, Pavlyuchenko.

I love how the American commentators use the term "stud". :D

I've been listening to the same commentary that guy sounds like a Gareth Bale fangirl, just can't stop banging on about him. :p

My pet peave of American commentary is the term "shut out" opposed to a clean sheet.

Last edited:
Finishes 0-0

Good run out for the players against a team in the middle of their season. Nice mixture of youth in there, Townsend especially looks a really good prospect, bags of energy and pace with dribbling ability.

You can't really compare Wilshire and Walcott. They play in different positions, have different attributes, and are of different stages in their development. Wilshire can't play on the right flank or as a supporting striker, just as Walcott can't play in left midfield.

Unless Wenger plays Wilshire ahead of Denilson or Diaby this season then he will benefit by being loaned out again. Walcott doesn't need to be loaned out - he can gain a whole lot more experience by playing on a regular basis for Arsenal.

In regards to the Barnet vs. Arsenal game - I only caught the last 15mins but from what I saw it was a very one sided game.

Ok, firstly Wilshire does play right wing, and suppor striker, and left wing, and Theo has most certainly played on the left for Arsenal, so thats all really completely wrong. As for Theo, he's gained entirely nothing by playing regularly for Arsenal, the only thing Arsenal gain by playing him, is taking up a spot a MUCH better player(we have numerous significantly better than him) could be using.

Its bad for Arsenal when Theo players, because he's the worst of many many options, he WOULD benefit by going out on loan, because he's walking around giving interviews about how he was shocked to not be in the England squad, how he thinks this that and the other. He needs a wake up call, which would be being told to smeg off, improve or end up leaving Arsenal for a low prem league, or even a championship club.

Likewise, Wilshire is significantly better than Diaby, and Denilson(whose been playing as a DM for two years), and should indeed start ahead of both of those. Wilshire is already better than a bunch of the idiots Wenger insists on starting, players who routinely end up being the cause of losing games.

Yes the Barnet game was one sided, Barnet have been crap, forever, we often thrash them 7/8-0, even playing lots and lots of our youth players, and this was the worst Barnet team for years, quite literally , they almost ended up non league last season. Frankly we should have done better, the team in the second half looked inept compared to previous seasons.

For the record, most of Wilshires appearances in an Arsenal shirt, be it friendly, cup, league, have been on the right wing, occasionally the left wing, he was mostly a right winger for the past 4-5 years.
He was also brilliant in last years preseason, but barely got a look in before being loaned out, he showed he was a far better play than many of those who we played first team throughout the season. Its madness to loan him out, and let him play with worse players, he'll learn more, more quickly and be a better player if he plays in the Arsenal team rather than say the Bolton team.

This is the worst Barnet side we've played for ages, really don't like the complete change of a team straight off in the second half, nor the playing such a weak squad for one half and strong for the other, I guess first couple games warming down, then back up at half time isn't the best way to avoid injuries, but a much better mix of players would do so much more for the team. basically want to see how Chamakh can do with better players around him, one shot so far, right at the keeper.

Wilshire is better than Theo by a country mile, he's got a football brain on him, see's the passes and can run around players with the ball. Waste sending him out on loan. Toughen up, who on earth would say that, Wilshire makes tackles, and was making tackles over a year ago that Theo wouldn't go near and will never go near. Wilshires a hard little git, he puts his foot in and holds off players well, full grown battle hardered players. He's put in a lot of decent performances for Bolton and in cups before that.

He should be being rotated into the team, frankly WAY ahead of Theo. If we needed to loan anyone out its Theo, teach him he's not as good as he thinks and needs to improve dramatically. To be honest Wilshire, though he likes to get inside, is one of the few players we can give the ball and he'll run at the box and around players, and make inteligent runs into space, we've got maybe 3 players who can play the wing semi effectively including Wilshire.

I think Wenger has done pre-season before man.

Clubs are never up for showing *all* games live - it would reduce attendances on Saturdays.

Well I am sorry, but two decades ago they were all for the idea. Why else did all 20 agree with the idea? Do you have statistical data to prove that attendances are lower on a match if its shown live? You can say never all you want but if yoi remember when it was proposed in the early 90s then you will also remember that the teams ratified it.

Gonna make a rash prediction that berbatov will have a cracking season. 20+ goals.

On the basis of one pre season game against the worst celtic side in the past 25 years?:p

I'm going to make a rash prediction that he scores less than 10 goals all season and is riding the bench in favour of playing wayne up top on his own by the end of september.

On the basis of one pre season game against the worst celtic side in the past 25 years?:p

I'm going to make a rash prediction that he scores less than 10 goals all season and is riding the bench in favour of playing wayne up top on his own by the end of september.

You really seem to have it in for Berbatov..did he turn you down or something? :p
I'm the first to admit he was very poor last year. But he's clearly talented, I've never seen a striker with an equal first touch or general ability on the ball.
And his record for Spurs shows he can score too (despite what he's done for us so far).
So the potential for him to be a success at the club is very real - it's surely just down to making sure he's used rightly and more importantly, his confidence and work rate improving. Neither of which is guaranteed and it's easy to be frustrated by some of his displays I agree. But I'm surprised you're convinced he's terrible. Beyond Rooney, he's pretty much the only striker at the club whose capable of reaching the very top level next season.
The other strikers are either too young or simply not good enough.

Berbatov is a quality player, yes he's not done as well as hoped, but I'm hopeful he will come good sooner rather than later.

Well I am sorry, but two decades ago they were all for the idea. Why else did all 20 agree with the idea? Do you have statistical data to prove that attendances are lower on a match if its shown live? You can say never all you want but if yoi remember when it was proposed in the early 90s then you will also remember that the teams ratified it.

Clubs are happy with the status quo and don't want to do anything to upset what they have.

I don't know why you're bringing up the idea of a "season ticket" TV card and saying that it was supported by all 20 Premiership clubs at the time - if it were supported by all 20 clubs, it would have been ratified.

That's if it were even a plausible idea in the first place. Do you have any links to back it up?? It's not something I'd heard about before - certainly not something that any of the smaller clubs in the premiership would have supported. I'm aware that some of the large clubs would have liked it; but it would have created a system like they have in Spain where Real Madrid and Barcelona get ridiculous TV deals and the other clubs are left with the scraps.

Back
Top Bottom