** Official ** Season 2010/2011 Pre-Season thread

do you still pay all the clubs the same under that scheme?

Yeah, under their original plans you would get the normal live shown games that the channel would show anyway, then you also had the option of buying a teams season card. It was to be a flat price for the season card, cant remember how much it was going to be, but essentially it was a set price no matter which team it was. This was ages and ages ago though, when Sky first started showing football properly so its going back a couple of decades. Pity though as I say, I would certainly have taken them up on it and got my teams season card.

I'm not sure if he's 100% ready, he's a class player but i would still like him to have maybe another half season at Bolton. It should toughen him and the game time will be great for him! I would like to see him back around December when the injury's usually kick in.

Frimpong's looking good!

Yep Frimpong is playing well fast to the ball and stong in the tackle, last time I saw him he needed to improve his shooting, Surprised Simpson is playing as I thought he had been told he could leave the club.

Wilshere has so much time on the ball, yes it's only Barnet, I just think it would be better for the club to keep him, he's too good for Bolton.

Good crowd and a strong team played by Arsenal.

This is the worst Barnet side we've played for ages, really don't like the complete change of a team straight off in the second half, nor the playing such a weak squad for one half and strong for the other, I guess first couple games warming down, then back up at half time isn't the best way to avoid injuries, but a much better mix of players would do so much more for the team. basically want to see how Chamakh can do with better players around him, one shot so far, right at the keeper.

Wilshire is better than Theo by a country mile, he's got a football brain on him, see's the passes and can run around players with the ball. Waste sending him out on loan. Toughen up, who on earth would say that, Wilshire makes tackles, and was making tackles over a year ago that Theo wouldn't go near and will never go near. Wilshires a hard little git, he puts his foot in and holds off players well, full grown battle hardered players. He's put in a lot of decent performances for Bolton and in cups before that.

He should be being rotated into the team, frankly WAY ahead of Theo. If we needed to loan anyone out its Theo, teach him he's not as good as he thinks and needs to improve dramatically. To be honest Wilshire, though he likes to get inside, is one of the few players we can give the ball and he'll run at the box and around players, and make inteligent runs into space, we've got maybe 3 players who can play the wing semi effectively including Wilshire.

I subscribed to mutv last night, otherwise you are looking at some pretty despicable, less than legal means of streaming it.

To be honest if you watch the reserve games then MUTV is worth it.

Less so now Hayley's gone though :(

Its despicable? Rape is despicable, watching a stream seems, well, hardly what I'd describe as despicable?

Arsenaltv are doing £1 a game for the 3 preseason games for their stream, normally I just subscribe for a month before they start preseason games, this saves a few quid but not sure you get to watch other video's on there, probably wouldn't bother anyway.

EDIT:_ Lol at the 4th Arsenal goal, bad chip, awful awful defending, ridiculously easy goal for Nasri.

Its despicable? Rape is despicable, watching a stream seems, well, hardly what I'd describe as despicable?

Arsenaltv are doing £1 a game for the 3 preseason games for their stream, normally I just subscribe for a month before they start preseason games, this saves a few quid but not sure you get to watch other video's on there, probably wouldn't bother anyway.

EDIT:_ Lol at the 4th Arsenal goal, bad chip, awful awful defending, ridiculously easy goal for Nasri.

i was being sarcastic, calm down.

Yeah, under their original plans you would get the normal live shown games that the channel would show anyway, then you also had the option of buying a teams season card. It was to be a flat price for the season card, cant remember how much it was going to be, but essentially it was a set price no matter which team it was. This was ages and ages ago though, when Sky first started showing football properly so its going back a couple of decades. Pity though as I say, I would certainly have taken them up on it and got my teams season card.

I'd imagine the clubs may have had something to say about that not happening, as it seems to have all the benefits of individual tv deals for the channel but not so many benefits for the clubs. I doubt clubs like United, Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea etc were that enamored.

I'd imagine the clubs may have had something to say about that not happening, as it seems to have all the benefits of individual tv deals for the channel but not so many benefits for the clubs. I doubt clubs like United, Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea etc were that enamored.

No the clubs were all for it (remember at the time there was no MUTV, no Liverpooltv, no club had its own tv channel), all 20 of the premiership clubs at the time agreed upon the deal. It was the FA that poo-pooed the idea if I recall. Something to do with not allowing live coverage on saturday 3pm matches due to crowd numbers impacts or some such nonsense.

I guess the clubs saw it as a win-win , already getting a chunk of money for the normal tv rights anyway, plus then also getting a chunk of the money from the season card sales.

Last edited:
Wilshire is better than Theo by a country mile, he's got a football brain on him, see's the passes and can run around players with the ball. Waste sending him out on loan. Toughen up, who on earth would say that, Wilshire makes tackles, and was making tackles over a year ago that Theo wouldn't go near and will never go near. Wilshires a hard little git, he puts his foot in and holds off players well, full grown battle hardered players. He's put in a lot of decent performances for Bolton and in cups before that.

He should be being rotated into the team, frankly WAY ahead of Theo. If we needed to loan anyone out its Theo, teach him he's not as good as he thinks and needs to improve dramatically. To be honest Wilshire, though he likes to get inside, is one of the few players we can give the ball and he'll run at the box and around players, and make inteligent runs into space, we've got maybe 3 players who can play the wing semi effectively including Wilshire.
You can't really compare Wilshire and Walcott. They play in different positions, have different attributes, and are of different stages in their development. Wilshire can't play on the right flank or as a supporting striker, just as Walcott can't play in left midfield.

Unless Wenger plays Wilshire ahead of Denilson or Diaby this season then he will benefit by being loaned out again. Walcott doesn't need to be loaned out - he can gain a whole lot more experience by playing on a regular basis for Arsenal.

In regards to the Barnet vs. Arsenal game - I only caught the last 15mins but from what I saw it was a very one sided game.

Back
Top Bottom